|This article may require cleanup to meet a more quality standard. Please improve it if you can.|
Nick is known to have curly blonde hair and 5 foot 8 inches tall (tall being an relative term). He is probably about 15 years old.
Nick used to live in New York, but he got into some trouble… and was taken in by his uncle: Mike Mulligan. He now lives with the Mulligans and works at Whit's End. He didn't get saved on the show but became a Christian in a Clubhouse Magazine. Nick seems to have a sense of honor and chivalry as he considers Rodney Rathbone a bully and loser and has even confronted him about it and making him back off as he's defended both Nathaniel Graham and Grady before.
We know little about Nick's immediate family, and the Mulligans have pretty much become his family, with Tracy as acting mother and Lisa being as good as a sister. He's close to the adopted members of the family as well, (Janelle, Jessica, and Hector) playing big brother to them all, and doing a halfway decent job at it.
Nick considers himself 'an undiscovered star' and occasionally goes into a fantasy about being a rock star.
|“||Nick Mulligan: Here, try some of this. I don't touch the stuff myself, but I hear it's good for emergencies.
Lisa Mulligan: (suspiciously) What is it?
Nick Mulligan: Water.
|“||Nick Mulligan: Why does everyone in the Bible sound like they were named during a sneeze?
Bernard Walton: I don't know. Be quiet.
|“||Automated Attendant: To receive information about one of our products, press 1. To receive one of our informational products, press 2. To inform us that you have not received one of our products, press 3.
Nick Mulligan: What?
Automated Attendant: To be better informed and/or receive and/or produce one of our productive and/or informational products, press 5 and/or 6. To speak to someone in English, press 7.
Nick Mulligan: Finally.
|“||Connie Kendall: Hey, Nick.
Nick Mulligan: Hey, uh, Bernard just called. He said he had an unfortunate accident with a staple gun and wouldn't be able to be on your show this week.
|“||Nick Mulligan: It's Jessica's collection. They're running all over the car.
Traci Mulligan: Running? What do you mean running?
Jessica Mulligan: It's my cockroach collection.
|“||John Whittaker: Do you remember what I told you when you stopped smoking? Who tempts people to sin?
Nick Mulligan: Satan.
John Whittaker: Well, is that the role you want to play in someone's life?
|“||Captain Richard Quinn: We just got word that some kid was seen running through the exhibit soon after the bomb went off. He's about 5'8",with curly blonde hair and a green T-shirt that says "I love my barking tree frog".
Nick Mulligan: What?
Sgt. Beverly Collins: I think we've got a suspect. I'll get back to you. Over and out. Nick!
|“||John Whittaker: Hey, hey, what's going on here?
Connie Kendall: You're making the dishes rattle!
Nick Mulligan: Alex is having a nervous breakdown!
Alex Jefferson: He put nuts on my sundae!
John Whittaker: ...What?
|“||Nick Mulligan: I hate to tell you this, but J-O-B spells job.
Bernard Walton: Not in this case.
|“||Nick Mulligan: Alright, Here's number one, a climbing wall with ropes so no one gets hurt.
John Whittaker: Ok, but what's the purpose?
Nick Mulligan: It could teach a Bible story. It could be the climbing wall of Jericho.
John Whittaker: (laughs) They didn't climb that wall. They marched around it and blew trumpets.
Nick Mulligan: Well, that's no fun!
|“||Lisa Mulligan: To be my brother you'd have to start out by being a member of the human race. Excuse me.
Nick Mulligan: Hey, hey! Is it something I said?
|“||Nick Mulligan: You know, that's something I've been wanting to ask you and Traci. Ever since I moved in, all I've been hearing is God this and God that.
Mike Mulligan: Is that a problem?
Nick Mulligan: No. Not really. I think it's kind of...you know. Quaint.
|“||Nick Mulligan: Uh, Whit, do you have any idea how to get a bucket off of somebody's head?
John Whittaker: A bucket?
Nick Mulligan: Yeah, like the ones that those chocolate sprinkles come in?
John Whittaker: Who has a bucket on their head?
Nick Mulligan: Well, that's not really important.
John Whittaker: Nick... do you have a bucket on your head?
|“||Nick Mulligan: Do we know anyone that sneezes like that?
John Whittaker: I don't recognize it.
Nick Mulligan: If only I could identify that sneeze. I think we could nail this guy!
|“||Nick Mulligan: Women! Can't live with 'em, can't get my laundry done without 'em!
|“||Xavier Washington: Hey, Nick! I was wondering, what would that look like as a science fiction movie?
Nick Mulligan: I don't know... why don't you come up and we'll show everybody!
|“||Nick Mulligan: Watch out for that big guy.
Seth Young: Which big guy?
Nick Mulligan: Moose. The big guy. Right there in the backfield.
Seth Young: That's a human?!?!
Nick Mulligan: And be careful. He clips; that's how Frank got his leg broke.
|“||Bernard Walton: You see, Job was a patriarch.
Nick Mulligan: Oh, so he played for New England, right?
Bernard Walton: No, that a Patriot.
|“||Nick Mulligan: It's too dark out here. You can't see a thing.
Lisa Mulligan: I'm used to the dark, remember?
|“||Nick Mulligan: You did say you were forty-two, didn't you?
Mike Mulligan: Right, and if you're not careful it's gonna happen to you someday.
Nick Mulligan: Boy, I hope not.
|“||Nick Mulligan: Hi, can I help you?
Connie Kendall: Nick, it's me!
Nick Mulligan: Connie? But your- What happened to your hair?
Connie Kendall: I'm experimenting with some different colors.
Nick Mulligan: I don't think purple is the one you're looking for.
Connie Kendall: For your information, it's not purple. It's raspberry chestnut.
John Whittaker: Well... it certainly catches one's attention.
Connie Kendall: Thank you! See, Nick?
Nick Mulligan: Yeah, but Ronald McDonald catches one's attention too, you know!
|“||Nick Mulligan: You got an instant message.
Connie Kendall: I did? How funny. I'm sure it's not from who it says it's from.
Nick Mulligan: Well, it says its from... Sparky the Happy Giraffe?
Connie Kendall: It's not what you thin—huh? Who's Sparky the Happy Giraffe?
|“||Aubrey Shepard: Do you know where you'd go?
Nick Mulligan: If my pet died? Probably to the toilet to flush him.
Aubrey Shepard: But... wouldn't you want to make sure you both end up in a... happy place?
Nick Mulligan: You callin' the toilet a happy place? That's just flat-out sick, Aubrey.
|“||Bernard Walton: Job lived in the land of Uz.
Nick Mulligan: As in, the "Wonderful Wizard of?"
Bernard Walton: No!
|“||Lisa Mulligan: Where's the cougar?
Nick Mulligan: Ol' Sylvester split like a cheap pair of jeans.
|“||Sgt. Beverly Collins: Quinn! How did he know? Who could've tipped him off?!
Nick Mulligan: <through the phone> That would be me!
|“||Nick Mulligan: Kid's gonna get himself killed... I like him!
|“||Nick Mulligan: Jess, listen to me. You love Samson, and you wouldn't let anything happen to him. Would you? I mean, that's why you took after him in the first place, right? Well, Mike loves you the same, even more. You love that goat so much that you risked your life to save him. That's what Mike's doin' for you. Look at him, Jess. Look at how he's risking his life for you. Come on now, Jess; come on!
|“||Connie Kendall: Uh, don't come in here!
Nick Mulligan: Why? Are you losing at solitaire again?
|“||Nick Mulligan: Another typical day in Odyssey.
|“||Lisa Mulligan: Hello, Nick. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Nick Mulligan: Of course it is.
|“||Nick Mulligan: It's... the devil! Bwahahahahaha!
|“||Connie Kendall: Who wouldn't want to date Mitch?
Nick Mulligan: Well I wouldn't wanna—
Connie Kendall: What girl wouldn't wanna date Mitch?
|“||Nick Mulligan: I hope I can someday win back that trust you were talkin' about.
John Whittaker: Nick, you're well on your way.
|“||Nick Mulligan: You did it for me, didn't you? You gave up the job offer for me.
- Nick previously had a habit of smoking, but because Nathaniel Graham tried to copy his behavior and got burned, he gave up the habit. (#431a: “Where There's Smoke”)
- Also in Where There's Smoke, Nick gives Nathaniel a ring which says "Youth City Boxing Champ" indicating that while he was in New York he was good at boxing. He uses this as a way to intimidate Rodney Rathbone into backing down from fighting Nick as he defends Nathaniel.
- When he first arrived in Odyssey he often called Lisa Mulligan "babycakes," of which she was not very fond.
- Nick's sense of humor has been considered rather amusing.
- He is afraid of chickens, claiming he suffers from Alektorophobia.
Nick Mulligan has appeared in the following albums:
- Family Portraits
- The Lost Episodes
- Album 01: The Adventure Begins
- Album 02: The Wildest Summer Ever
- Album 03: Heroes
- Album 04: FUN-damentals
- Album 05: Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes
- Album 06: Mission: Accomplished
- Album 07: On Thin Ice
- Album 08: Beyond Expectations
- Album 09: Just in Time
- Album 10: Other Times, Other Places
- Album 11: It’s Another Fine Day...
- Album 12: At Home and Abroad
- Album 13: It All Started When...
- Album 14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town
- Album 15: A Place of Wonder
- Album 16: Flights of Imagination
- Album 17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven
- Album 18: A Time of Discovery
- Album 19: Passport to Adventure
- Album 20: A Journey of Choices
- Album 21: Wish You Were Here!
- Album 22: The Changing Times
- Album 23: Twists and Turns
- Album 24: Risks and Rewards
- Album 25: Darkness Before Dawn
- Album 26: Back on the Air
- Album 27: The Search for Whit
- Album 28: Welcome Home!
- Album 29: Signed, Sealed and Committed (2 episodes)
- Album 30: Through Thick and Thin (2 episodes)
- Album 31: Days to Remember
- Album 32: Hidden Treasures (1 episode)
- Album 33: Virtual Realities (1 episode)
- Album 34: In Your Wildest Dreams (1 episode)
- Album 35: The Big Picture
- Album 36: Danger Signals (2 episodes)
- Album 37: Countermoves (1 episode)
- Album 38: Battle Lines (4 episodes)
- Album 39: Friends, Family, and Countrymen
- Album 40: Out of Control (1 episode)
- Album 41: In Hot Pursuit (1 episode)
- Album 42: No Way Out
- Album 43: Along for the Ride (2 episodes)
- Album 44: Eugene Returns! (1 episode)
- Album 45: Lost and Found
- Album 46: A Date with Dad (and Other Calamities)
- Album 47: Into the Light
- Album 48: Moment of Truth
- Album 49: The Sky’s the Limit
- Album 50: The Best Small Town
- The Truth Chronicles
- Passages: Darien’s Rise
- Album 51: Take it From the Top
- Album 52: Cause and Effect
- Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy
- Album 54: Clanging Cymbals...and the Meaning of God's Love
- Album 55: The Deep End
- Album 56: The Grand Design
- Album 57: A Call to Something More
- Album 58: The Ties That Bind
- Album 59: Taking the Plunge
- Album 60: Head Over Heels
- Album 61: Without a Hitch
- Album 62: Let’s Put on a Show!
- Album 63: Up in the Air
- Album 64: Under the Surface
- Album 65: Expect the Unexpected
- Album 66: Trial by Fire
- Album 67: More Than Meets the Eye
- Album 68: Out of the Blue
- Album 69: Best Kept Secrets
- Album 70: Finding a Way
Nick Mulligan has appeared in the following club seasons:
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6
- 30th Birthday Live Show (album)
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 7
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 8
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 1
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 2
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 3
- Hope in Trying Times
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6 Soundtrack
- The Officer Harley Collection
- The Case of the Hooded Horseman (mentioned)