Adventures in Odyssey Club
The Adventures In Odyssey Club (abbreviated AIOC), is a subscription service for Adventures in Odyssey fans and their families. It launched on January 2, 2014, as the Odyssey Adventure Club. The name changed on January 4, 2017. To date, there have been seven club-exclusive albums and seventy-six club-exclusive episodes. An App is available for both Apple and Google Play.
Membership in the AIOC costs $10/month or $107.88/year ($8.99/month) for 5 accounts. A credit card is required for signup as well as age verification. Accounts are rebilled one month after the sign up date. Each membership includes four additional accounts that do not require the user to be 18 or older to use. This allows for members of a family to maintain their own account with their very own club experience. The subscription fee supports Focus on the Family as well as other world relief and ministry organizations. The AIOC is available internationally and had over 7,000 members in 2016.
Features on the AIOC include:
- Almost all episodes of AIO available for streaming on a computer, iOS, or Android device.
- Access to additional previously unreleased episodes including Family Portraits and The Officer Harley Collection.
- The Adventures in Odyssey video series, the Last Chance Detectives audio series, the Last Chance Detectives video series, and select Focus on the Family Radio Theater titles.
- A brand-new exclusive Adventures in Odyssey episode each month. The new episode also includes the following bonus content: a real story video documentary about the episode, Web Quests (activities), comics, hands-on projects, a "learning the language" feature, maps, history, games, and more.
- The ability to save up to 24 episodes on iOS and Android devices for offline listening.
- A daily devotional.
- A monthly subscription to Focus on the Family's Clubhouse Magazine.
- PopUpisodes: Adventures in Odyssey episodes featuring behind-the-scenes photos and trivia as the episode plays.
- Information about other ministries and organizations and how they’re impacting the world.
- Access to all episodes of the Official Podcast.
- A blog.
Episode Availability Outside the Club
While the majority of the club shows have remained exclusive since their debut, a handful of episodes have been released for listening outside the club. The following episodes have all become available outside the club at some point:
- #739: “The Launch, Part 1” (Season 1) - Since the club started, this episode has been available on the homepage that non-members see when they go to the site.
- #743: “Mission: Unaccomplished, Part 1” (Season 1) - This episode was released as a free download from Whitsend.org in October 2014. It was available for about a year.
- #744: “Mission: Unaccomplished, Part 2” (Season 1) - This episode was released as a free download from Whitsend.org in October 2014. It was available for about a year.
- #749: “The Drop Box” (Season 1) - This episode was released in it's own sampler album in March 2015. It was also available as a free mp3 download for a limited time in 2015.
- #750: “All By Myself” (Season 1) - This episode was released in the compilation album Camp on It in May 2019.
- #773: “Hidden Gems” (Season 2) - This episode aired on the radio as part of a special Focus on the Family broadcast on November 21, 2017, AIO's 30th anniversary. The broadcast can be listened to here.
- #797: “A Predicament of Biblical Proportions” (Season 3) - This episode aired on the AIO weekly broadcast on September 22, 2018, to promote Bring Your Bible to School Day that year. It aired again on September 28, 2019.