|Opening Moves||Pawn's Play||Cross-Check|
Striking from the shadows, Blackgaard makes his moves. Petty thief and con artist Richard Maxwell joins forces with the diabolical Dr. Regis Blackgaard to rain down more trouble on the town of Odyssey.
While Connie deals with complications of her own at Camp What-A-Nut, Eugene starts working at Campbell College in the computer department. He's quickly entangled in a grade-changing scheme and must step up to rescue an 11-year-old kid genius.
Behind the scenes, Blackgaard makes moves to force the folks of Odyssey into corners with no escape route. Will the power of good defeat Blackgaard's evil scheme?
- Deckle Edges
- AIOClub Preview from July 11 - August 1, 2017
- Connie asks her mother to pray for her, even though this episode takes place before her mom became a Christian.
- This book changes a few details from #76: “Eugene's Dilemma”.
- In the episode, the grades were changed before Eugene and Connie were fired. In the book, they are changed afterwards.
- In the episode, Nicholas is from an orphanage. In the book, he was in foster care.
- In the episode, Richard mentions watching over other kids besides Nicky. This line was cut from the book.