Mitch came to Odyssey to expose Novacom's evil deeds.
He originally worked as a public relations representative at Novacom, and at one point claimed to have been transferred from Galaxy Communications in Boston. During the Novacom Saga he started a romantic relationship with Connie Kendall. He was thought to have been murdered, but was actually in the Federal Witness Protection Program. Later, after Novacom was exposed and stopped, Mitch and Connie continued dating through the next few seasons after Exit. In Something Blue, Part 1 he proposed to her, and they planned their wedding, but didn't carry through with it, not because they were uncertain about their love, but due to a two year training program in Budapest that Mitch was taking in order to become an FBI agent. Mitch later returns in Something Old, Something New, Part 1 and Something Old, Something New, Part 2, where he was revealed to be engaged to a woman named Maureen.
- Mitch can't cook to save his life, unless it is macaroni-and-cheese and hot dogs, or making pancakes.
- He enjoys horseback riding.
- He has green eyes. (#463: “Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips”)
- He is a computer hacker known as AREM, his initials (phonetically). (#485: “Plan B, Part 2: Collision Course”)
- His sister is his best friend.
- He was in the Federal Witness Protection Program.
- He's not fond of honey-roasted peanuts, or water landings.
- He once got fired from a burger shack for putting a raw hamburger on the county health inspector's sandwich.
- Before working for and exposing NOVACOM, Mitch was trying to be a lawyer.
- He was the second AIO character whose nickname was the first syllable of his last name. (The other is Whit.)
- He was engaged to Connie Kendall for a brief time.
- For a short time he had his own radio show "Ask Doctor Wise" which was later changed to: "Ask Doctor Wise & Professor Brilliant" (#517: “It's All About Me”)
- Mitch once served as a bailiff in a court session at Whit's End. (#467: “Broken Window”)
- He had a bunch of mac and cheese in his apartment. (#483: “Secrets”)
- He can't spell aardvark. (He spells it ardvaark.)
- Mitch is a Christian and went to church with Jack and Joanne Allen. (#463: “Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips”)
- He can play tennis (better than Connie) but admits he's "pretty bad".(#483: “Secrets”)
- Mitch and Maureen met in a Seattle Cafe while both were in the FBI. (#714: “Something Old, Something New, Part 2”)
- Mitch used to date Justine Baker before she died.
- He makes better pancakes than Hal's Diner. (#483: “Secrets”)
- According to Connie, his feet don't smell most of the time. (#483: “Secrets”)
- When he was prohibited from using the alias AREM, he switched to "Sparky the Happy Giraffe." (#496: “Exceptional Circumstances”)
- See Mitchell family
Mitch is known to have a sister (Rachel) and a brother.
Robert Mitchell has appeared in the following albums:
- Family Portraits
- The Lost Episodes
- Album 01: The Adventure Begins
- Album 02: The Wildest Summer Ever
- Album 03: Heroes
- Album 04: FUN-damentals
- Album 05: Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes
- Album 06: Mission: Accomplished
- Album 07: On Thin Ice
- Album 08: Beyond Expectations
- Album 09: Just in Time
- Album 10: Other Times, Other Places
- Album 11: It’s Another Fine Day...
- Album 12: At Home and Abroad
- Album 13: It All Started When...
- Album 14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town
- Album 15: A Place of Wonder
- Album 16: Flights of Imagination
- Album 17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven
- Album 18: A Time of Discovery
- Album 19: Passport to Adventure
- Album 20: A Journey of Choices
- Album 21: Wish You Were Here!
- Album 22: The Changing Times
- Album 23: Twists and Turns
- Album 24: Risks and Rewards
- Album 25: Darkness Before Dawn
- Album 26: Back on the Air
- Album 27: The Search for Whit
- Album 28: Welcome Home!
- Album 29: Signed, Sealed and Committed
- Album 30: Through Thick and Thin
- Album 31: Days to Remember
- Album 32: Hidden Treasures
- Album 33: Virtual Realities
- Album 34: In Your Wildest Dreams
- Album 35: The Big Picture
- Album 36: Danger Signals (3 episodes)
- Album 37: Countermoves (4 episodes)
- Album 38: Battle Lines (4 episodes)
- Album 39: Friends, Family, and Countrymen (2 episodes)
- Album 40: Out of Control (4 episodes)
- Album 41: In Hot Pursuit (3 episodes)
- Album 42: No Way Out
- Album 43: Along for the Ride
- Album 44: Eugene Returns!
- Album 45: Lost and Found
- Album 46: A Date with Dad (and Other Calamities)
- Album 47: Into the Light
- Album 48: Moment of Truth
- Album 49: The Sky’s the Limit
- Album 50: The Best Small Town
- The Truth Chronicles
- Passages: Darien’s Rise
- Album 51: Take it From the Top
- Album 52: Cause and Effect
- Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy
- Album 54: Clanging Cymbals...and the Meaning of God's Love
- Album 55: The Deep End (2 episodes)
- Album 56: The Grand Design
- Album 57: A Call to Something More
- Album 58: The Ties That Bind
- Album 59: Taking the Plunge
- Album 60: Head Over Heels
- Album 61: Without a Hitch
- Album 62: Let’s Put on a Show!
- Album 63: Up in the Air
- Album 64: Under the Surface
- Album 65: Expect the Unexpected
- Album 66: Trial by Fire
- Album 67: More Than Meets the Eye
- Album 68: Out of the Blue
- Album 69: Best Kept Secrets
- Album 70: Finding a Way
Robert Mitchell has appeared in the following club seasons:
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6
- 30th Birthday Live Show (album)
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 7
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 8
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 1
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 2
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 3
- Hope in Trying Times
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6 Soundtrack
- The Officer Harley Collection
Robert Mitchell has appeared on the front cover of the following albums:
|“||Trent DeWhite: I was asked to join the biology club. We do experiments and help other kids with biology projects. And we're the only group allowed to touch the skeletons. I know it sounds nerdy, but it's kind of an honor to be asked because skeletons aren't cheap.
Robert Mitchell: I wouldn't sell mine for anything.
|“||Robert Mitchell: We've got a rabbit on the fire escape!
|“||Robert Mitchell: Oh, Connie. I'm sorry I'm so late.
|“||Connie Kendall: Right there—the perfect job for you! I circled it.
Robert Mitchell: You want me to be a flight attendant?
|“||Connie Kendall: You know what? We should probably go over our questioning tactics. Do you want to be good cop, or bad cop?
Robert Mitchell: Neither.
Connie Kendall: Well, what should I be?
Robert Mitchell: How about silent cop?
|“||Robert Mitchell: Uh, this is heavy! What’s in here?
Connie Kendall: Green eyes...
|“||Rodney Rathbone: But you don't not know!
Robert Mitchell: Yeah— I mean no, I don't not know, I guess...
Rodney Rathbone: So, if you don't not know, then you do know! And if you know that the answer isn't no, then you know that there's no way you can know I broke the window!
Robert Mitchell: Huh?
Rodney Rathbone: No further questions!
|“||John Whittaker: Bye bye, Edith
Edith Sutton: Bye bye... cutie pie.
Robert Mitchell: <mockingly> "Cutie pie."
John Whittaker: Tell no one.
|“||Peter Bourland: Okay, boys, let's roll up our sleeves and get to work. Jason, Mitch--care to help, or did you just come along to gloat?
Jason Whittaker: Both, actually.
Robert Mitchell: I wouldn’t miss this for the world!
|“||Connie Kendall: You've got all these secrets. I feel like I'm dating the Pentagon, and I don't even know how to ask you about any of it! I mean, my biggest secret is that I'm afraid of staplers!
Robert Mitchell: Connie--
Connie Kendall: You're not gonna tell anybody, are you?
Robert Mitchell: I promise, but if you'll... you're afraid of staplers?
|“||Robert Mitchell: I’m Mitch, by the way. What’s your name?
Connie Kendall: Mitch... I mean, Connie!
|“||Robert Mitchell: So I wanna ask you something. Will you marry me?
Connie Kendall: What? I mean, are you serious?
Robert Mitchell: Yes, I'm serious.
|“||Robert Mitchell: If you ever do get locked in a trunk, you can kick out the brake lights and wave out the back to signal vehicles behind you.
|“||Robert Mitchell: Really. Is he the reason you got all dressed up?
Connie Kendall: What?
Robert Mitchell: Look at you: you're wearing a dress, you've got on make-up... What is that? Is that perfume?
Connie Kendall: It's called soap.
|“||Robert Mitchell: "Frank's Breakfast Inn." Oh boy. Do you know what that could mean?
Connie Kendall: That they serve waffles?
Robert Mitchell: The initials "FBI," do you think that's a sign?
|“||Robert Mitchell: And we're back. The best way, caller, to get lipstick out of a sweater is with Vaseline.
Liz Horton: Ooh, how do I get the Vaseline out, then?
Robert Mitchell: Oh... look at that! Time for another break.
|“||Robert Mitchell: Give me the tire iron, Connie.
Connie Kendall: Mitch? What?
Robert Mitchell: These are friends of mine from the academy. The kidnapping was a joke.
|“||Robert Mitchell: I think we need to get married.
Connie Kendall: To each other?
|“||Robert Mitchell: Oh, you know what I mean. Doesn't she smell better than usual, Jack?
Jack Allen: Hm, yes, yes... Oh no, no! Well, it's hard to tell with all this, uh, ice cream!
|“||Connie Kendall: This'll have to do.
Robert Mitchell: Connie, that's a frozen pizza.
Connie Kendall: Oh, stop complaining and hold it against your nose.
|“||Robert Mitchell: The man isn't exactly lucid these days.
Peter Bourland: Making him a slightly less reliable source than Mr. Potato Head.
Robert Mitchell: If Mr. Potato Head had information right now, I'd take it.
|“||Connie Kendall: I like how your ears turn red when you're embarrassed.
Robert Mitchell: I like how you always get whipped cream on your nose when you eat a sundae.
Connie Kendall: I like how that lock of hair falls across your forehead at such an adorably perfect angle.
Bernard Walton: Oh, Connie, I love the way your kidneys work. Oh, Mitch, your toenails grow with such amazing symmetry.
|“||Robert Mitchell: It's still your turn.
Connie Kendall: Still?
Robert Mitchell: And it will remain your turn until you bowl into our lane.
|“||Connie Kendall: Why? Give me one good reason of why I should trust you?
Robert Mitchell: Because I think I'm falling in love with you Connie!
Connie Kendall: (beat) Oh! Well! It looks like we're out of time for today! For Candid Conversations with Connie, I'm Connie Kendall! Goodbye!
|“||Connie Kendall: So far, our relationship has been 90% action-adventure and only 10% romantic comedy!
Robert Mitchell: Yeah! It's been great!
Connie Kendall: But I like romantic comedy. I like flowers, and walks in the park, and sitting around with friends over dinner—not worrying about if you're coming home at night!
Robert Mitchell: You knew this was never gonna be a normal life.
Connie Kendall: Yeah, but...but somehow, I pictured it in my head as...abnormally normal—like, you'd go off and save the world during the day and then you'd come home at 5:00 for dinner.
Robert Mitchell: Well...
Connie Kendall: But it's not really gonna be like that; I mean, the reality of it all is that you're in a job where you'll travel and move around a lot and—and people will want to put bags over your head and kidnap you for real. And more than that...you love it.
Robert Mitchell: Yeah, you—you're right. And you're the one that pointed that out to me. You said I'm passionate about fighting for good and living in adventure.
Connie Kendall: And you need to be doing those things; I know that. But...I don't want to be the afterthought, the one you come home to occasionally. And I know that even when you're with me, your heart will still be on the field.
|“||Connie Kendall: So, the riot was fun? I mean...
Robert Mitchell: It was a riot.
|“||Robert Mitchell: He's a resourceful man... in a dirty, conniving, unscrupulous kind of way.
|“||Connie Kendall: Two years?!
Robert Mitchell: Did I miss an anniversary?
|“||Connie Kendall: I dunno, Mitch. I mean, after your experience working with Novacom, aren't you just a little worried about corruption in the workplace?
Robert Mitchell: Oh, no, I've done a thorough background check on myself, and I'm clean!
Connie Kendall: Aren't you worried about you snitching on yourself? Word has it, you are quite a whistle-blower!
Robert Mitchell: Oh, I welcome whistle-blowing! If I start doing anything illegal behind my back I'll be the first person to tell myself, I promise!
|“||Robert Mitchell: Bye, Connie. Take care.
Connie Kendall: Good-bye, Mitch.
|“||Connie Kendall: What's wrong? Do you know who the anti-Whit is?
Robert Mitchell: Well, according to this, it's me!
|“||Robert Mitchell: Bourland asked me to join the FBI.
Connie Kendall: The FBI? Do you know how dangerous they are?
Robert Mitchell: Sure, they killed me, remember?
|“||Robert Mitchell: I'm getting married, too!
Connie Kendall: What!
|“||Connie Kendall: So, the interview went well?
Robert Mitchell: Oh, I dazzled myself. I'm really a sharp guy, and I should be a great addition to my company.
Connie Kendall: Well, you probably wouldn't even have a company without you!
Robert Mitchell: Exactly.
|“||Connie Kendall: Should we bless it?
Robert Mitchell: Absolutely. Lord, please protect us. Amen.
|“||Robert Mitchell: Maybe I can't keep dating you. There's not much of me left.
Connie Kendall: Just shows that love hurts.
Robert Mitchell: Yeah, but it's not supposed to require stitches.
|“||Connie Kendall: Hey, did you get your hair cut?
Mitch: No, just styled it differently.
Connie Kendall: It looks awesome!
Mitch: Thanks. You look great, too.