Lucy Davis (née Cunningham-Schultz) was the most recurring child character on Adventures in Odyssey, with over seventy appearances. Lucy was an ace reporter for the Odyssey Owl, her school newspaper. She worked as an intern at the Odyssey Times and was often considered to be a "goody two-shoes" and was indeed strong and sincere in her Christian beliefs. Her biggest character flaw was that she had a sarcastic streak and could also be prideful at times, though she always owned up to her mistakes. She was frequently the counterpart and moral adviser to her friends Isaac Morton, Sam Johnson, Jack Davis and Curt Stevens. She either lived on Greentree or Lynnwood. When she grew up she married Jack Davis. In #160: “A Rathbone of Contention”, she lives across town from the Electric Palace.
- Her first name is really "Lucille" (#168: “The Curse”).
- Lucy got tired of being a goody two shoes (#84: “The Battle, Part 2”)
- Lucy wrote about the endangered species of family heritage. (#157: “Last in a Long Line”)
- She has two last names because her dad died in a car accident when she was 9 and her mom remarried. (#299: “The Truth About Zachary”)
- She loves being a reporter.
- The AIO team wrote her marriage with Jack Davis into her story because the two actors married in real life.
- She had a difficult time deciding whether or not she would write on evolution for the school paper.
- Lucy once wanted to write about free speech, but her article was rejected.
- Lucy and Jack are one of two pairs of child characters confirmed to be married in the future, the other being Mandy Straussberg and Trent DeWhite.
- Her two last names from from Richie Cunningham (from Happy Days) and Charles Schulz (creator of the Peanuts comic strip)
One of the biggest goofs surrounding Adventures in Odyssey involves Lucy's last name. With several contradictions and a tangled mess of mistaken information, the Lucy's Last Name goof is the source of plenty of confusion among fans. For more information, see the article.
- Main article: Schultz family
Lucy's biological father, Hal Cunningham, died in a car accident when she was nine, and her mother remarried to a man whose last name was Schultz. She kept her dad's name and hyphenated her mom's name Schultz, too. She also has two cousins, Leslie and Albert. She is now married to Jack Davis.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: So let me get this straight. A cowboy with a big, floppy hat and silver spurs rode up to you on a purple hook-and-ladder fire engine, and asked to use your mother’s new umbrella?
Leslie (a) : Yeah, that's it.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I didn't know you sing.
John Whittaker: Well, I'm sure a lot of our choir members think I can't. But I do my best.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I just can't. I'm a Christian, Mr. Winthrop, and I believe that God created man, not that he evolved from an amoeba...
|“||Curt Stevens: Hi, Lucy! Glad you could make it!
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Why not? I cover all the accidents around school.
|“||Isaac Morton: What are you, my mother? Look, not that it's any of your business, but it's only Saturday morning. I've got the rest of the weekend to do this report. Everything's under control. So don't worry about it, okay?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Okay, you don't have to get hyper. It's your grade.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: There's no controversy. I just talked to Mrs. Manco. They've decided not to put diced tomatoes in the tacos.
|“||Isaac Morton: If I become a Bone, I'll have something I've never had before.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: A police record?
Isaac Morton: No! Fame, prestige, power...
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Cuts, bruises, fractures...
|“||Jellyfish: What’s going on? What’s happenin'?
Richard Maxwell: Don’t you know? It’s a rescue.
Jellyfish: Who is that? Who are you?
Richard Maxwell: Don’t get all bent out of shape. It's just... me.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Richard?
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: We also have six shepherds and four wise men. So we'll be giving Jesus gold, frankincense, myrrh, and a pen-and-pencil set!
|“||Connie Kendall: Oh Whit! I'm sorry I'm not on time. I wanted to be. Especially on my first day back and everything... He's not here.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: No, he's not.
Connie Kendall: Lucy! You scared me!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: It's Emily Fowler. I can't keep track of her anymore!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Rodney, you scared me.
Rodney Rathbone: Why, doing somethin' you're not supposed to?
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I don't believe it! Curt Stevens is in the Odyssey Public Library.
Curt Stevens: Oh, hi Lucy.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: And in the reference book section, no less...I wish I had my camera.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I may be little, but I'm not a little reporter!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Eugene, do you know him?
Richard Maxwell: Know me? We used to work together, ain't that right, Multsey baby?
Eugene Meltsner: We were briefly employed with the same organization.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Another dumb movie.
|“||Jonah: And for my disobedience, I wind up here, in the belly of a whale.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Big fish.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Would this be the Curt-Stevens-offering-candy-as-they-come-out-of-the-bathroom-so-they-will-say-what-I-want-them-to-say poll?
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I mean a flag is just a piece of cloth. And the First Amendment does guarantee free expression.
Curt Stevens: It does?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: <beat> Yes, Curt.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Well, you're not exactly a Girl Scout, you know. I mean, you make the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" look like Mother Teresa!
|“||Curt Stevens: Could you stop by Odyssey Elementary first?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What for?
Curt Stevens: Oh, it's kind of a surprise.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes.
Curt Stevens: Okay, I'll bring the dust pan.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Why?
Curt Stevens: Cause you might get swept away.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Oh, no!
John Whittaker: My words exactly!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: You want us to buy juice, Mr. Whittaker?
John Whittaker: Well, that's what it says.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: It's not like a story is gonna walk in the front door!
Connie Kendall: Don't look now, but I think one just did.
|“||Curt Stevens: You’ll find [the poll] states that I’m in the lead.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: There’s a revealing statement on the intelligence level of the voting public.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Would you consider yourself a bigot?
Bart Rathbone: Me? No way. Is that what this is all about? I thought you were talking about being prejudiced!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: There's only one "l" in "electric."
Bart Rathbone: I told ya, Rodney.
Rodney Rathbone: Hey, I'm in charge of promotion, not spellin'!
|“||Narrator (a) : Yes, evolution affects our lives in ways we're just beginning to understand.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: You can say that again, buster.
|“||Mr. Johnson: Uh, excuse me. What are you doing?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Oh, Mr. Johnson! You're back.
Mr. Johnson: Yeah, and just in time too, I see. Is this what you do when I'm away, Lucy? Steal my newspaper?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: No! No, sir! I mean — this is the first time. I mean, we weren't stealing, actually. We just wanted to look at the movie section.
|“||Richard Maxwell: ...we worked with the five C's.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: The five C's? What's that?
Richard Maxwell: Campbell County Community College Computers.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Oh, that's clever.
Richard Maxwell: Yeah, and cute too.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: But what would Mr. Rathbone have against our nativity scene?
Eugene Meltsner: Indeed! It's doubtful he knows what the Constitution is, let alone what it says!
|“||Zachary Sellars: Let's just face it, you want the dirt. You want to know exactly what put me in this wheelchair and so does everybody else. Fine, I'll make everybody happy. I had surgery on my legs last month because I tore some ligaments. There. <pauses> You're not writing this down.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I don't believe you.
Zachary Sellars: Okay, fine. Um, I was skiing and fell off a mountain.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Is that the truth?
Zachary Sellars: I was bungee jumping and the cable broke.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What really happened?
Zachary Sellars: I was filming a rock video and stepped on some dry ice.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Come one, come all to the grand opening of the Electric Palace! You'll find high-voltage savings on current models. Prices so low, they're shocking! Bolt over to the Electric Palace and see "watt's" happening. Just say, "charge it!"
|“||David Timic: <on tape> ...make owner fall through air, and die.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Die? <off tape> Yuck! I hate my voice on tape!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What's going on in here?
Curt Stevens: You, uh, want to go out with us?
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I just couldn't believe they burned all those buildings.
Dr. William Beanes: Well, they're just blocks of stone.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Yeah, and a flag is just a piece of cloth.
Dr. William Beanes: What?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Oh, it's just something I said before I came here. But they're not just blocks of stone and pieces of cloth. They're symbols of what we stand for, for what we believe. To see them burned, was like having part of me burned.
|“||Curt Stevens: "Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?"
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: You stole that!
Curt Stevens: I only had like, fifteen minutes! I spent all my time finding the sporks!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: His name was Hal Cunningham. I was Cunningham before my mom got remarried. He was a reporter for the Odyssey Times. I guess that's why I always wanted to be a reporter.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: He hates when he's wrong. But I love it.
|“||Rodney Rathbone: I just want something a little more... punchy, that's all.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Punchy?! If it were any more punchy, it'd have two black eyes and a broken nose!
Rodney Rathbone: Hey, that's good! Can you put that in somewhere?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: No, I don't think so.
|“||Bernard Walton: <takes a big sip of lemonade> Ahh!
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Feel better now, Mr. Walton?
Bernard Walton: A little.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: That was my lemonade...
Bernard Walton: Oh. Sorry.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: We're going to see Betsy the Bumblebee.
Peter Holt: <snickers> Betsy the Bumblebee? Ooh, Curt, I never knew...!
|“||Jack Davis: Wait! You can't throw us overboard!
Sailor (b): We can't? Why not?
Jack Davis: Because, uh... because, um... you tell 'em, Lucy!
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Uh, uh, uh, oh, because, uh... it wouldn't be nice, that's why!
Jack Davis: Way to go, Lucy.
|“||Zachary Sellars: I... didn't know.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: How could you? All you care about is feeling sorry for yourself!
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: It takes a very talented person to do something that Eugene can't do.
|“||Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What do you think tomorrow will be like?
John Whittaker: Oh, I suppose it will be a typical day in Odyssey.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What do you mean by a "typical day?"
John Whittaker: Anything can happen! That's what I like about this place.
|“||Bernard Walton: Seems like you can't swing a dead cat these days without hitting somebody who's trying to save some plant or animal. What do you call 'em, endangered, uh... endangered...
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Species.
Bernard Walton: Gesundheit.
|“||Curt Stevens: It’s like.. like salt on a potato chip. It gives the speech flavor to... taste good.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: You're making this up!
Curt Stevens: I’m not! Ask any politician. Potato chips always taste better with salt on them.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz has appeared in the following albums:
- Family Portraits
- The Lost Episodes (7 episodes)
- Album 01: The Adventure Begins
- Album 02: The Wildest Summer Ever (1 episode)
- Album 03: Heroes (2 episodes)
- Album 04: FUN-damentals (4 episodes)
- Album 05: Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes (8 episodes)
- Album 06: Mission: Accomplished (1 episode)
- Album 07: On Thin Ice (4 episodes)
- Album 08: Beyond Expectations (4 episodes)
- Album 09: Just in Time (6 episodes)
- Album 10: Other Times, Other Places (3 episodes)
- Album 11: It’s Another Fine Day...
- Album 12: At Home and Abroad (1 episode)
- Album 13: It All Started When... (4 episodes)
- Album 14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town
- Album 15: A Place of Wonder (3 episodes)
- Album 16: Flights of Imagination (4 episodes)
- Album 17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven (1 episode)
- Album 18: A Time of Discovery (4 episodes)
- Album 19: Passport to Adventure (2 episodes)
- Album 20: A Journey of Choices (1 episode)
- Album 21: Wish You Were Here! (1 episode)
- Album 22: The Changing Times (1 episode)
- Album 23: Twists and Turns (2 episodes)
- Album 24: Risks and Rewards
- Album 25: Darkness Before Dawn (4 episodes)
- Album 26: Back on the Air
- Album 27: The Search for Whit
- Album 28: Welcome Home! (1 episode)
- Album 29: Signed, Sealed and Committed
- Album 30: Through Thick and Thin
- Album 31: Days to Remember
- Album 32: Hidden Treasures
- Album 33: Virtual Realities
- Album 34: In Your Wildest Dreams
- Album 35: The Big Picture
- Album 36: Danger Signals
- Album 37: Countermoves
- Album 38: Battle Lines
- Album 39: Friends, Family, and Countrymen
- Album 40: Out of Control
- Album 41: In Hot Pursuit
- Album 42: No Way Out
- Album 43: Along for the Ride
- Album 44: Eugene Returns!
- Album 45: Lost and Found
- Album 46: A Date with Dad (and Other Calamities)
- Album 47: Into the Light
- Album 48: Moment of Truth
- Album 49: The Sky’s the Limit
- Album 50: The Best Small Town (2 episodes)
- The Truth Chronicles
- Passages: Darien’s Rise
- Album 51: Take it From the Top
- Album 52: Cause and Effect
- Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy
- Album 54: Clanging Cymbals...and the Meaning of God's Love
- Album 55: The Deep End
- Album 56: The Grand Design
- Album 57: A Call to Something More
- Album 58: The Ties That Bind
- Album 59: Taking the Plunge
- Album 60: Head Over Heels
- Album 61: Without a Hitch
- Album 62: Let’s Put on a Show!
- Album 63: Up in the Air
- Album 64: Under the Surface
- Album 65: Expect the Unexpected
- Album 66: Trial by Fire
- Album 67: More Than Meets the Eye
- Album 68: Out of the Blue
- Album 69: Best Kept Secrets
- Album 70: Finding a Way
- Album 71: A Slippery Slope
- Album 72: The Long Road Home
- Album 73: 28 Hours
- Album 74: Buckle Up!
- Album 75: The Best Is Yet to Come
- Album 76: Keep it Together
- Album 77
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz has appeared in the following club seasons:
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6
- 30th Birthday Live Show (album)
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 10
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 11
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 7
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 8
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 9
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 1 (1 episode)
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 2 (1 episode)
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 3 (4 episodes)
- B-TV: The Collection (1 episode)
- Daily Bible Readings (album)
- Hope in Trying Times (1 episode)
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6 Soundtrack
- The Leonard Meltsner Saga (1 episode)
- The Officer Harley Collection