Red Hollard is a goofy handyman who drives a tow truck and is fond of giving kids (and adults) down-to-earth advice - often with expressions that don't make much sense but do make people laugh. He loves history, and is very fond of telling stories. It's mentioned in #708: “Sergeant York, Part 1” that he hails from Tennessee. He's a character replacement for Bernard Walton. In addition to his handyman work he also is a registered locksmith, is certified to check fire extinguishers and has his own machine sale and repair store in Connesville.
Red first appeared giving David Parker a tire patch kit and helping him with the family yard sale, for which David gave him a wood sander. He then appeared talking with Olivia Parker about the Jubilee Singers in the Gallery while he was working on repairs caused by one of many of Eugene Meltsner's experiments. In Wooton's Broken Pencil Show he appeared as a locksmith who broke one of Connie Kendall's windows to get her purse. Then he appeared along with Whit to give Camilla Parker a lesson in forgiveness while at the same time helping Olivia with a school project. His latest appearance was along Eugene talking about World War I hero Alvin York.
He has a pet parrot
Red doesn't seem to be married or have children but he has several relatives that he's mentioned in the past. He is related to both the McNutts and Dagmars in #801: “The Feud of Mason County”. He also mentions in #708: “Sergeant York, Part 1” that the Hollards are originally from Tennessee.
Red Hollard has appeared in the following albums:
- Family Portraits
- The Lost Episodes
- Album 01: The Adventure Begins
- Album 02: The Wildest Summer Ever
- Album 03: Heroes
- Album 04: FUN-damentals
- Album 05: Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes
- Album 06: Mission: Accomplished
- Album 07: On Thin Ice
- Album 08: Beyond Expectations
- Album 09: Just in Time
- Album 10: Other Times, Other Places
- Album 11: It’s Another Fine Day...
- Album 12: At Home and Abroad
- Album 13: It All Started When...
- Album 14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town
- Album 15: A Place of Wonder
- Album 16: Flights of Imagination
- Album 17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven
- Album 18: A Time of Discovery
- Album 19: Passport to Adventure
- Album 20: A Journey of Choices
- Album 21: Wish You Were Here!
- Album 22: The Changing Times
- Album 23: Twists and Turns
- Album 24: Risks and Rewards
- Album 25: Darkness Before Dawn
- Album 26: Back on the Air
- Album 27: The Search for Whit
- Album 28: Welcome Home!
- Album 29: Signed, Sealed and Committed
- Album 30: Through Thick and Thin
- Album 31: Days to Remember
- Album 32: Hidden Treasures
- Album 33: Virtual Realities
- Album 34: In Your Wildest Dreams
- Album 35: The Big Picture
- Album 36: Danger Signals
- Album 37: Countermoves
- Album 38: Battle Lines
- Album 39: Friends, Family, and Countrymen
- Album 40: Out of Control
- Album 41: In Hot Pursuit
- Album 42: No Way Out
- Album 43: Along for the Ride
- Album 44: Eugene Returns!
- Album 45: Lost and Found
- Album 46: A Date with Dad (and Other Calamities)
- Album 47: Into the Light
- Album 48: Moment of Truth
- Album 49: The Sky’s the Limit
- Album 50: The Best Small Town
- The Truth Chronicles
- Passages: Darien’s Rise
- Album 51: Take it From the Top (4 episodes)
- Album 52: Cause and Effect (1 episode)
- Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy
- Album 54: Clanging Cymbals...and the Meaning of God's Love (1 episode)
- Album 55: The Deep End (4 episodes)
- Album 56: The Grand Design
- Album 57: A Call to Something More
- Album 58: The Ties That Bind
- Album 59: Taking the Plunge
- Album 60: Head Over Heels
- Album 61: Without a Hitch (1 episode)
- Album 62: Let’s Put on a Show! (1 episode)
- Album 63: Up in the Air
- Album 64: Under the Surface
- Album 65: Expect the Unexpected
- Album 66: Trial by Fire (1 episode)
- Album 67: More Than Meets the Eye
- Album 68: Out of the Blue
- Album 69: Best Kept Secrets
- Album 70: Finding a Way
- Album 71: A Slippery Slope
- Album 72: The Long Road Home
- Album 73: 28 Hours
- Album 74: Buckle Up!
- Album 75: The Best Is Yet to Come
- Album 76: Keep it Together
- Album 77
Red Hollard has appeared in the following club seasons:
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1 (2 episodes)
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5 (1 episode)
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6
- 30th Birthday Live Show (album)
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 10
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 11
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 7
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 8
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 9
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 1
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 2
- Aventuras en Odisea: Volumen 3
- B-TV: The Collection
- Daily Bible Readings (album)
- Hope in Trying Times (1 episode)
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 1 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 2 Soundtrack
- Odyssey Adventure Club: Season 3 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 4 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5 Soundtrack
- Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 6 Soundtrack
- The Leonard Meltsner Saga
- The Officer Harley Collection
|“||Red Hollard: Now there's a find! A wood sander? Still in the box? You put that up for sale I'd jump on that like a duck on a June bug.
|“||Connie Kendall: I'm here with Red Hollard, who is a registered locksmith...
Red Hollard: ...So I'm going to break into your car to get your keys, so you can turn that alarm off.
Connie Kendall: Sounds great! And how are you going to do break into the car. I assume you have one of those long car breaker-into things like they use on TV where you slide it down along the window and pull up on the lock mechanism?
Red Hollard: Uh, no. I wish I had one of those car breaker-into things.
Connie Kendall: Oh, then what are you going to use?
Red Hollard: This brick!!
|“||Red Hollard: Olivia, I bet you're the kind of person that reads the last page of a book first. Ain't ya?
Olivia Parker: No. Well maybe sometimes.
Red Hollard: Yeah, thought so.
|“||Red Hollard: Now as I was saying, Billy Bob was my cousin and he was a couple hogs short of a pig pen if you know what I mean.
Camilla Parker: No, I don't know what you mean Mr. Hollard. Are you saying Billy Bob worked in the pork industry?
|“||Red Hollard: Sorry, did you say Alvin York?
Eugene Meltsner: Yes!
Red Hollard: Seriously?
Eugene Meltsner: Yes!
Red Hollard: He is one of my personal heroes.
Eugene Meltsner: And no doubt, we should discuss that some other time.
|“||David Parker: But first, I'm gonna get through this junk if it kills me.
Red Hollard: Uh, Mr. Parker!?
David Parker: Please, call me David.
Red Hollard: David! Look out! <loud crashing sound>
|“||Red Hollard: Barney was thrilled and he went right out and bought that tow truck, and what do you think happened then?
Camilla Parker: He ran out of toes to truck?
|“||Red Hollard: Boy, I'll tell you them boys were as nervous as a goose in a pillow factory.
Eugene Meltsner: Huh?
|“||Red Hollard: He was as ornery as a wet boot on a swollen foot.
Eugene Meltsner: Huh?
|“||Red Hollard: I'm serious as a porcupine in a balloon factory!
|“||Red Hollard: And guess what? The mayor was madder than a beaver chewin' on tin foil.
|“||Red Hollard: It's a John Steere BX5000 with turbo! This thing could haul a wagon of walruses uphill and never slow down.
David Parker: Which I often need.
|“||David Parker: You’re real big on catch phrases centered around barnyard animals, aren't you?
Red Hollard: They make me smile like a fat tick on a skinny dog!
Pictures of Red Hollard