The Last Straw
Jump to navigation Jump to search
“The Last Straw,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #846 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Marshal Younger, and was originally released on September 1, 2018.
|“||Connie accidentally insults someone on her radio show, which leads to unexpected consequences. Meanwhile, Olivia contributes to the demise of Camilla’s science project.||”|
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- On her radio show, Connie asked listeners to share their favorite vacation spots. What would you have told her had you called in?
- Would you rather be the host of a radio show, the guest being interviewed, or a member of the listening audience? Why?
- When have you, like Connie, said something without thinking that hurt someone's feelings? What happened?
- Talk about a time when you were stung by someone else's careless words. Were you able to forgive the way the Bible tells us to in Luke 6:36 and 17:3-4?
- How do you think people felt about Chlorasyn when, instead of forgiving Connie, she tried to get back at her? What can we learn from Chlorasyn's mistake?
- Do you think God ever feels like Camilla did at the start of this episode—counting on us to do something important, only to have us be distracted and unreliable? Read John 14:15 . . . and 15:14! Is anything distracting you from hearing and following the Lord's voice?
- Was it fair of Camilla's teacher to give her a 'D' on her science project? Why or why not? How would you have responded to that grade if you were in Camilla's shoes (uh, soccer cleats)?
- What did Whit mean when he said, "The Bible isn't meant to be a boxing glove"?
- In your own words, what is "repentance"? See how the dictionary defines it. Then read what God's Word says about people who repent (Acts 3:19-20, 2 Chronicles 7:14) and those who don't (2 Peter 3:9, Romans 2:5).
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».