Badges of Honor
“Badges of Honor,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #893 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Kathy Buchanan, was originally released on July 6, 2020, and was originally released on August 1, 2020.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
|Zoe Grant||Natalie Lander|
|Olivia Parker||Kelly Stables|
|Buck Oliver||Robby Bruce|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Man in car||Nathan Hoobler|
|Patricia Carter||Stephanie Erb|
Mentioned in episode
|Connie Kendall||John Whittaker|
|Eugene Meltsner||John Whittaker|
|Katrina Meltsner||John Whittaker|
- This episode premiered on the AIO YouTube channel on July 6, 2020 before it was released in the Club.
- An Adventures in Odyssey Club Patch was released for American Heritage Girls, this episode's featured ministry.
- Which of the badges mentioned in this episode would be the most fun to work on, and why? Which do you think would be the most difficult?
- How did people support Olivia and Zoe as they set out to earn their badges? Who supports you when you try new things?
- We all make mistakes and fall short sometimes. How can Philippians 3:13-14 and 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 encourage a person who feels like a failure?
- Why is it unhealthy to compare ourselves with others the way Olivia measured her worth against the Marcys? Read Galatians 6:4-5 and James 3:16.
- How did Whit respond in a godly way to the cake-decorating fiasco? How do you think other characters around Odyssey—from Bart Rathbone to Penny Bassett—might have reacted had the girls messed up their special anniversary cake?
- What was your reaction when Olivia first suggested that the Marcys had sabotaged them? Have you ever blamed someone else for causing a problem, only to discover it was actually your fault? What should we do when that happens?
- Do you think it was hard for Buck to forgive the girls for being irresponsible on the boat? What about being careless with Sparky? When have you had a difficult time forgiving someone?
- Talk about Whit's statement, "Accomplishments are things you do. Who you are is a child of God. You're loved, forgiven and enjoyed." Read Isaiah 62:5 and Zephaniah 3:17 to see what the Bible says about God "enjoying" His people.
- Although no earthly trophy can compare with being God's child (1 John 3:1-2, Romans 8:12-17), there's nothing wrong with having goals and working hard to achieve them. What special thing have you accomplished? What goals are you striving toward now?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».