- Jimmy redirects here. For other uses, see Jimmy (disambiguation)
- Main article: Barclay family
Jimmy's parents are George and Mary Barclay. He has two siblings, Donna Barclay and Stewart Reed. His Grandfather is Grandpa Barclay. In his life, they have had one cat, Ferguson (given to Donna by her friend Karen Crosby before Karen died from cancer), and a dog, named Normal. It is also mentioned that he has a deceased Great-Grandmother Benson in The Family Vacation, Part 1.
Donna’s younger brother is typically adolescent in his outlook on life. He’s had a difficult time with growing up and dealing with the new realm of teenage problems. He’s also a cynic, often directing wisecracks at his family. But he is deeply devoted to his family and a “Barclay" through and through. He loves to play "Zapazoids."
- Jimmy tried keeping a journal, but it only appears in a few episodes.
- Jimmy's earlobes turn red when he is mad.
- When his dad lost his job, Jimmy took on a paper route in order to help his family with a little extra income.
- Jimmy is more than likely in his early 20's.
- Jimmy used to live in Washington D.C., but came back to Pokenberry Falls.
- Jimmy has aspired to many vocations over the series, including an actor, a paramedic, and a preacher.
- Jimmy's name was a purposeful reference to Jimmy Stewart in the film "It's a Wonderful Life." In fact, the names of the entire Barclay family were references to that film, as revealed in an interview released on CD. Numerous other It’s a Wonderful Life References appear throughout AIO.
- At one point Jimmy revealed that he had a crush on Connie. However, in the episode The Triangled Web, Jimmy also revealed that he had a secret crush on Lucy Cunningham-Schultz since they were children.
- Jimmy works at a TV station as of the time of The Triangled Web.
- Jimmy playing the electric guitar is mentioned in It's a Pokenberry Christmas, Part 1
- At one time as an adolescent, Jimmy received a mass of unwanted love letters and poems.
- In one scene of The Vow, Jimmy played basketball with his shorts.
- Jimmy once grew a goatee. (Living in the Gray, Part 1)
- Jimmy once directed a live Christmas Eve show in Unto Us a Child is Born.
- Jimmy once fell out of the Wonderworld treehouse and ended up in a coma Someone to Watch Over Me.
- Jimmy is the only Barclay child whose middle name is unknown.
- In Point of No Return, Jimmy had dreams of becoming a rock-and-roll singer.
- See Barclay quotes.