|This article may require cleanup to meet a more quality standard. Please improve it if you can.|
Lucy Davis (née Cunningham-Schultz) was the most recurring child character on Adventures in Odyssey, with over seventy appearances. Lucy was an ace reporter for the Odyssey Owl, her school newspaper. She worked as an intern at the Odyssey Times and was often considered to be a "goody two-shoes" and was indeed strong and sincere in her Christian beliefs. Her biggest character flaw was that she had a sarcastic streak and could also be prideful at times, though she always owned up to her mistakes. She was frequently the counterpart and moral adviser to her friends Isaac Morton, Sam Johnson, Jack Davis and Curt Stevens. She either lived on Greentree or Lynnwood. When she grew up she married Jack Davis. In #160: “A Rathbone of Contention”, she lives across town from the Electric Palace.
- Her first name is really "Lucille" (#168: “The Curse”).
- Lucy got tired of being a goody two shoes once.
- Lucy wrote about the endangered species of family heritage.
- She has two last names because her dad died in a car accident when she was 9 and her mom remarried.
- She loves being a reporter.
- The AIO team wrote her marriage with Jack Davis into her story because the two actors married in real life.
- She had a difficult time deciding whether or not she would write on evolution for the school paper.
- Lucy once wanted to write about free speech, but her article was rejected.
- Lucy and Jack are one of two pairs of child characters confirmed to be married in the future, the other being Mandy Straussberg and Trent DeWhite.
One of the biggest goofs surrounding Adventures in Odyssey involves Lucy's last name. With several contradictions and a tangled mess of mistaken information, the Lucy's Last Name goof is the source of plenty of confusion among fans. For more information, see the article.
- Main article: Schultz family
Lucy's biological father, Hal Cunningham, died in a car accident when she was nine, and her mother remarried to a man whose last name was Schultz. She kept her dad's name and hyphenated her mom's name Schultz, too. She also has two cousins, Leslie and Albert. She is now married to Jack Davis.
|“|| Jellyfish: What’s going on? What’s happenin'?
Richard Maxwell: Don’t you know? It’s a rescue.
Jellyfish: Who is that? Who are you?
Richard Maxwell: Don’t get all bent out of shape. It's just...me.
|“|| Lucy: Would this be the Curt-Stevens-offering-candy-as-they-come-out-of-the-bathroom-so-they-will-say-what-I-want-them-to-say poll?
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I just can't. I'm a Christian, Mr. Winthrop, and I believe that God created man not that he evolved from an amoeba...
|“|| Isaac Morton: What are you my mother? Look not that it's any of your business, but it's only Saturday morning. I've got the rest of the weekend to do this report. Everything's under control. So don't worry about it. OK?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: OK you don't have to get hyper. It's your grade.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I didn't know you sing.
John Whittaker: Well I'm sure a lot of our choir members think I can't. But I do my best.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: So let me get this straight. A cowboy with a big, floppy hat and silver spurs rode up to you on a purple hook-and-ladder fire engine, and asked to use your mother’s new umbrella?
Leslie (a) : Yeah, that's it.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Another dumb movie.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: I may be little, but I'm not a little reporter!
|“|| Jonah: And for my disobedience, I wind up here, in the belly of a whale.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Big fish.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Eugene, do you know him?
Richard Maxwell: Know me? We used to work together, ain't that right, Multsey baby?
Eugene Meltsner: We were briefly employed with the same organization.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: You want us to buy juice, Mr. Whittaker?
John Whittaker: Well, that's what it says.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: It's not like a story is gonna walk in the front door!
Connie Kendall: Don't look now, but I think one just did.
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: His name was Hal Cunningham. I was Cunningham before my mom got remarried. He was a reporter for the Odyssey Times. I guess that's why I always wanted to be a reporter.
|“|| Mr. Johnson: Uh, excuse me. What are you doing?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Oh, Mr. Johnson! You're back.
Mr. Johnson: Yeah, and just in time too, I see. Is this what you do when I'm away, Lucy? Steal my newspaper?
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: No! No, sir! I mean - this is the first time. I mean, we weren't stealing, actually. We just wanted to look at the movie section.
|“|| Richard Maxwell: ...we worked with the five C's.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: The five C's? What's that?
Richard Maxwell: Campbell County Community College Computers.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: Oh, that's clever.
Richard Maxwell: Yeah, and cute too.
|“|| Curt Stevens: "Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?"
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: You stole that!
Curt Stevens: I only had like, fifteen minutes! I spent all my time finding the sporks!
|“|| Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What do you think tomorrow will be like?
John Whittaker: Oh, I suppose it will be a typical day in Odyssey.
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz: What do you mean by a typical day?
John Whittaker: Anything can happen! That's what I like about this place.
Lucy has appeared in the following albums:
- Album 02: The Wildest Summer Ever
- Album 03: Heroes
- Album 04: The FUN-damentals
- Album 05: Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes
- Album 06: Mission: Accomplished
- Album 07: On Thin Ice
- Album 08: Beyond Expectations
- Album 09: Just in Time
- Album 10: Other Times, Other Places
- Album 11: It's Another Fine Day...
- Album 12: At Home and Abroad
- Album 13: It All Started When...
- Album 15: A Place of Wonder
- Album 16: Flights of Imagination
- Album 17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven
- Album 18: A Time of Discovery
- Album 19: Passport to Adventure
- Album 20: A Journey of Choices
- Album 21: Wish You Were Here!
- Album 22: The Changing Times
- Album 23: Twists and Turns
- Album 25: Darkness Before Dawn
- Album 28: Welcome Home!
- Album 50: The Best Small Town
- The Lost Episodes