Donna Renae Barclay is one of the best-developed characters in the series. After the Barclay family moved to Pokenberry Falls, the family as a whole was only needed once again in the two part Christmas special #385 – #386: “It's a Pokenberry Christmas”, after which Donna has never again been heard (not counting retrospective shows). Her last known status was going to law school in California.
- Main article: Barclay family
Donna is the oldest (and only girl) of three children. Her younger brothers are Jimmy who is 2 years younger (and annoying, according to her) and Stewart, who is probably around 15 years younger. Her parents are Mary and George Barclay. Her grandfather is Grandpa Barclay. They also have a dog named Normal who is also considered a member of the family.
Donna is rambunctious and going through the typical phases of a teenager. She’s prone to complain and is always trying to keep up with what her friends are doing. She is constantly harassed by her younger brother Jimmy Barclay.
- See Barclay quotes.
- Her name was a purposeful reference to Donna Reed, who starred the film "It's a Wonderful Life." In fact, the names of the entire Barclay family were references to that film, as revealed in an interview released on Album 2. Numerous others, It’s a Wonderful Life References, appear throughout the show.
- At the age of five she tried to glue her hair back on her head (#289: “A Call for Reverend Jimmy”).
- At the age of six she asked her parents for her own private phone line (#289: “A Call for Reverend Jimmy”).
- At the age of eight she made brownies and the whole family had to get their stomachs pumped (#289: “A Call for Reverend Jimmy”).
- She loves to go shopping at the mall (#65: “Bad Company”).
- She complained about going on a vacation in #31 – #32: “Family Vacation” but later complaining about not getting to go on vacation in #79: “Our Best Vacation Ever”.
- In #300: “Preacher's Kid”, she rebels from the expectations of her position, allowing for an exploration of the subject of PKs in culture.
- She had a boyfriend named Kevin (b).
- She had a crush on Jack Davis, who for years prior had a crush on her (#192: “Modesty is the Best Policy”, #289: “A Call for Reverend Jimmy”)
- She went to law school in California (#535: “Living in the Gray, Part 1”)