The Chosen One, Part 1
She causes almost immediate chaos, convincing Eugene she has a 'magnetic' personality, giving Connie book advice, Ed Washington parenting advice, stealing ice cream and sixty-five dollars, erasing Connie's book, and threatening Tamika.
When she is confronted with the bad things she's done, she blurts out that they can't send her back to her mother, because her mother beats her, then runs out.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
- The writer of this show, Marshal Younger, had a special connection with this idea: he is a foster parent.
- This is the second episode to feature a conversation between Whit, Connie and Eugene about cash missing from the register at Whit's End. The first episode, of course, is #113: “Suspicious Minds”.
- Connie mentions the events of #154: “Coming of Age” and the Mitch and Connie Relationship Arc while considering what to include about her own love life in her book.
- The sound designer's son had a small part in this episode - he does a lovely snore about halfway through.
- If you listen closely during the second conversation between Eugene and Kelly about her supposed "magnetism," you can hear someone entering into the Imagination Station in the background.
QuotesConnie Kendall: I remember the first time my mom left me alone for two days. I was fourteen, and I invited all the—never mind; I wasn't a Christian.
Eugene Meltsner: ...she was suddenly and mysteriously drawn to the metal blinds in the library!