Aloha, Oy!, Part 3
The Barclays win a family vacation to Hawaii! Everything looks great, until they discover they'll be traveling with none other than the Rathbone clan.
Jimmy Barclay and Lawrence Hodges go to Rathbone's Electric Palace to buy some fuses for George, and they end up getting a big surprise. As soon as Jimmy enters the store, bells ring, whistles blow, alarms sound, and music plays. Bart Rathbone rushes up to Jimmy. Rathbone proclaims Jimmy to be the 10,000th customer to enter the Electric Palace. He and four of his friends and family members have won a free trip to Hawaii! Back at the Barclays' home, George confirms that the trip is legitimate, the family and Lawrence really are going to pineapple paradise. But when they arrive at the airport, they discover that Bart, Doris, and Rodney Rathbone are joining them. Bart has finagled extra tickets for his family. The Barclays experience their wackiest vacation ever as Bart's cost-cutting measures lead them to a strange boat captain who gets them lost at sea. Meanwhile, Rodney goes to drastic measures to impress Donna (including having a wild parasailing experience). And Lawrence's efforts to find his father lead to several near-discoveries and a disastrous debut as a busboy. Circumstances remarkably connect, however. Rodney learns a lesson about going to extremes to impress people, and Lawrence has a touching reunion with his father, thanks to the Barclays, who learn to never travel with the Rathbones again.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why didn't the Barclays want to go to Hawaii with the Rathbones?
- What did Lawrence really want out of his trip to Hawaii? Did he get it?
- Why is family togetherness so important?
- To fill time at the end of this episode, a featurette was included that featured Chris and Harlow interviewing fans.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- This was the last episode in which Hal Smith plays any character besides Whit.
- Listen carefully: although the scenes are identically scripted, the opening scene of this episode is an alternate take of the closing scene of the previous episode.
QuotesBill Mason: He must have caught an updraft.
Donna Barclay: It's carrying him off.
Bill Mason: Yeah! Toward Pearl Harbor!
Rodney Rathbone: I want my Mommy!
Bart Rathbone: He left us.
Mary Barclay: I'm never going to see my children again.
George Barclay: This is unbelievable.
Doris Rathbone: I'll say. He took the pork rinds!
Doris Rathbone: Oh, great. We're stuck out on the ocean in a soggy, rickety old rust bucket.
Captain Quidd: Soggy, aye. Rickety, perhaps. Old rust bucket, maybe. But rat-infested?
Doris Rathbone: I didn't say rat-infested!
Captain Quidd: I know, but she's also rat-infested.