Castles and Cauldrons, Part 2
|Castles and Cauldrons, Part 1||Castles and Cauldrons, Part 2||The Winning Edge|
One night, Donna's doll is mysteriously ripped apart, and she blames Jimmy and Len. Whit questions her about the boys' activities. Then George tells Jimmy that Len didn't come to Odyssey just to visit them. His parents thought it would be healthy for Len to get away from a "questionable group of friends."
That night, Jimmy and Len go camping out in the forest. Len decides to include Jimmy in the ultimate C & C initiation: a ritual to summon Shalman, the most powerful magician of all. Len starts the ritual. Jimmy resists, but Len gets so caught up in it, he begins forcing Jimmy to participate. Just before things get ugly, Whit and George show up to put a stop to the ritual - and to Castles and Cauldrons. Whit destroys the game. Len gets some professional help. The Barclay family goes back to normal, and everyone realizes that even Odyssey isn't immune from Satan's wiles.
 Discussion Questions
- Are all role-playing games bad?
- Why is it a bad idea to play games like Castles & Cauldrons?
- What should Jimmy have done when Len stopped Jimmy from telling his dad and Whit about the game?
- Why do you think Whit "felt" something was wrong in Odyssey?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Donna Barclay||Azure Janosky|
|George Barclay||Chuck Bolte|
|Jimmy Barclay||David Griffin|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Len Barclay||Nathan Carlson|
- PARENTS: This is a story about fantasy role-playing games and how they can lure their participants into satanic activity. It is very intense in spots and not meant for listeners under 10 years of age. Parents should listen along with their older children.
- The name of this episode is a reference to the real-life game "Dungeons and Dragons."
- This two-part episode has been criticized for presenting a distorted and inaccurate picture of role-playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons, depicting them as moving beyond the realm of fantasy and linking them to Satanic worship.
- There are either no quotes for this episode, or they are incorrectly formatted. You can help.
- This Page On