Alex is overwhelmed. Novacom has donated computers to Odyssey Middle School. What's more, they want Odyssey kids to help them work on their website. When he and Cal go to tell Whit about the news, he's not exactly thrilled. In the middle of their conversation, someone walks in who's even more overwhelmed-Bernard Walton. He anxiously tells them that Novacom has bought BTV. He's so enthusiastic about it that he's even given up his window-cleaning job and sold his mop and bucket! Whit is flabbergasted, but Bernard assures him that Novacom will allow him to make BTV the same way he always has. Once at Novacom, Bernard finds himself as a fish out of water, trying to deal with the office environment. When he presents his ideas to the new "writing staff", he finds that they aren't very fond of them, calling them "too exclusive" to meet their broad audience. They suggest alternate shows like BTV: Pollution and BTV: Plant Care.
Meanwhile, Alex and Cal are busily engrossed in their Novacom job when AREM suddenly shows up again on their computer. AREM gives them another password, this time to a website section called "Special Projects" in which they find information about the Radio wave study, the same thing they found on the college site. Just as they are about to go further, the computer freezes up. Later in the day, the boys find Bernard packing up his office. They tell him they were fired and Bernard tells them he has quit Novacom. Just as Bernard is about to leave, he gets a message from AREM on his computer, but ignores it. Later, Bernard stops in at Whit's End and Whit gives him his squeegee back.
- This plot section is too short. You can help by expanding it.
- Why did Alex and Cal want to talk to AREM?
- Should they have talked to him again?
- Bernard had to quit working for Novacom, even though it meant not getting to produce a "big budget" BTV. If you were in Bernard's situation, what would you have done?
- Can you think of a situation where you had to stand up for your beliefs?
|Alex Jefferson||Travis Tedford|
|Arthur Dent||Christopher Snell|
|Bernard Walton||Dave Madden|
|Cal Jordan||Adam Pavlakovich|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Miss Veale||Lynn Luttrell|
- This is the first episode since "I Want My BTV" that talks about BTV without actually being a BTV episode.
- This episode works as a sequel to Red Herring; picking up where the other ends in the series.
QuotesCal Jordan: No Alex. Keep your eyes closed. It's a surprise.
Alex Jefferson: Well I know I'm in the library, cause I smell books.
Bernard Walton: (Beeping noise) Huh? What was that? Oh my computer. Instant message from AREM. Do I wish to respond? No, I wish to go home. Is there a button for that? Ah forget it.