|This article may require cleanup to meet a more quality standard. Please improve it if you can.|
Amanda "Mandy" Straussberg is best known around Odyssey for her talent in writing stories and plays. She is best friends with Liz Horton and has an older brother, David Straussberg. Her parents separated for a time, which was hard on Mandy (the problems affecting her as far back as #580: “Tales of a Small-Town Thug”). Fortunately, they have reconciled, and now Mandy's character is back to normal. She loves to write, having written three plays put on in the Little Theater at Whit's End (#448: “Mandy's Debut”) and a play for Kids' Radio—#453: “The Great Wishy Woz”.
- Main article: Straussberg family
It was revealed in #560: “The Present Long Ago” that she will one day marry Odyssey Middle School's other top student, Trent DeWhite, as the result of Trent delivering her a valentine that was really from Max Hampton. As of #636: “A Class Reenactment”, she and Trent are only close friends, though many Odyssey characters, such as Connie, believe they're more than friends. She will have at least one child and two grandchildren, one named Brandon, and her brother-in-law upon her marriage will be Jared DeWhite. Her parents are Stephen Straussberg and Rachel Straussberg, and her brother is David Straussberg.
- Mandy states in #602: “Mum's the Word” that she cannot go swimming as a result of a peeling skin condition. In the same episode, she mentions that she is allergic to onions.
- Although Lucy Cunningham-Schultz is the longest-running child character by number of episodes, Mandy is the longest-running by number of seasons.
- Mandy used to suck her thumb when she was really stressed. (#417: “Not-So-Trivial Pursuits”)
- Mandy always chooses the top hat in Monopoly. (#603: “The Family Next Door”)
- In #466: “Snow Day”, she does the interior decorating for a snow fort—complete with calico curtains. The same episode reveals that she has a Powder Puff Pamela collector's jacket.
- Her favorite dessert is chocolate fudge ice cream cake. (#603: “The Family Next Door”)
- Like Rodney Rathbone and Connie Kendall, Mandy seems to have a very fluid age.
- In the 1998 episode #392: “When In Doubt...Pray!”, she goes to school and thus seems to be at least 5 or 6 years old. Several weeks later in #397: “Tornado!”, she had a doll named "Polly" and seems to be about 4 or 5 years old.
- Six years later in #555: “True Calling”, she mentions that she is fourteen years old. Nevertheless, two years later in #597: “Out of Our Hands” reveals that her last birthday was her twelfth.
From art for Album #34: In Your Wildest Dreams.