For Erica Colburn, it seems to be another typical day of waiting for her father, Kevin Colburn, to finish work at Novacom. However, when she accidentally pushes an intercom button, she overhears Mr. Charles demand that her father get the Imagination Station in one week. Erica decides it will be her mission to get information for her father.
Over at Whit's End, Aubrey Shepard has been hired back. Nick Mulligan is showing her around the shop again when he chokes on his tongue after seeing Erica come in. Erica wants to talk to Aubrey, however. She asks her forgiveness, but also asks about the Imagination Station. Aubrey says it's locked up, so Erica leaves. Aubrey cautions Nick about Erica, but Nick later agrees to show Erica the Imagination Station that night.
That evening, Erica finds that her dad doesn't want her help with the project. He tells her to stay out of it. Instead, Erica goes back to Whit's End where Nick shows her the Imagination Station and the secret tunnel entrance to the shop. Erica takes this information to Mr. Charles and makes a deal - she'll help him get the Imagination Station if her dad can keep his job. Charles agrees.
Soon after, Whit gets a call that some vandals threw a rock through a Whit's End Connellsville window. He leaves Aubrey to close the shop. In short order, Erica arrives and asks to talk to Aubrey in a quiet place. Before Aubrey knows it, the two of them end up locked in the library! When Whit returns, he frees the girls and Erica leaves abruptly. Whit looks around the shop only to find the Imagination Station has been stolen from the basement! As the police arrive and search the place, Whit tells Aubrey that he believes the two of them were duped as part of a plan.
As if in confirmation, Charles tells Kevin Colburn that they got the Imagination Station and they didn't need his help. Kevin returns home to tell his daughter that he was fired and they have to leave town immediately. Her plan failed.
- Erica wanted to help her dad keep his job, but went about it in the wrong way. What could she have done instead?
- Why aren't "good intentions" enough?
- Proverbs 14:14 says, "The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways." How did Erica pay for her misdeeds?
- Do you know people who think they can get away with the bad things they do?
- Why do you suppose they think that?
- Aubrey made a mistake by not setting the alarm, but she admitted it and didn't make excuses. Have you ever tried to cover up a mistake?
- What happened?
- How would honesty have been better?
|Aubrey Shepard||Danielle Judovits|
|Bennett Charles||Jess Harnell|
|Erica Colburn||Lawren Donahue|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Kevin Colburn||Corey Burton|
|Maria Colburn||Dyana Ortelli|
|Nick Mulligan||Chris Castile|
- In this episode, Nick takes Erica Colburn to the tunnel under Whit's End that goes from the woods to Whit's Workshop. It was discovered that it was part of the Underground Railroad in #314: “The Underground Railroad, Part 1”.
- In the wraps, Chris says, “…hoping you’ll join us again for our next show!” instead of, “…hoping you’ll join us again for another Adventure in Odyssey!”
QuotesAubrey Shepard: Mr. Whittaker, what's wrong?
John Whittaker: I have to call the police!
Aubrey Shepard: The police?! What happened?
John Whittaker: S-someone—someone stole the Imagination Station!
Aubrey Shepard: It was my fault this happened.
John Whittaker: It wasn't your fault. I think we were both duped as part of a plan. But you know what, Aubrey? I'm proud of you.
Aubrey Shepard: Y-you are?
John Whittaker: Well, you didn't lie or make up excuses. You were willing to take responsibility. I don't think you would have done that a couple of weeks ago. You're on a good path now, and I can see the difference.