The Ties That Bind, Part 10
Wooton and Penny consider all the angles on Dee Grant’s offer to publish his comics…until a sudden disaster changes everything. Meanwhile, the folks from Whit’s End gather at the hospital to face a medical emergency.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
1. Jason was upset about his father’s collapse at the meeting and blamed Rhonda Adelaide. Was he right to do that? How would you have reacted if something happened to your father?
2. Katrina asked Eugene to help Buck feel “connected.” How could Eugene do that?
3. Why was Wooton worried about the offer from Dee Grant at Maximized Comics? How do you respond when someone pressures you to make a quick decision?
4. Wooton is uncomfortable having to think “suspiciously” about the people around him. What do you think he means? Is it better to give people the benefit of the doubt, or should we be suspicious of them? Why or why not?
5. Why did Buck try to hide the fact that he had been beaten up? Have you ever tried to deal with a difficult situation on your own? What is the best way to deal with bullying? How can you help people who have been bullied? What should you do when you see bullying happening?
6. Whit wanted Jason to understand that his life is part of a bigger picture. What did Whit mean? What is the purpose of your life on earth? How can we “mark” the important moments of our lives to help us remember the real purpose?
7. Buck said, “I want people to see that I’m not what they think I am.” What do you want people to see in you? Describe the kind of person you want to be in the future. How can belief in God change the person you are and the person you will be?
8. Wooton wonders how he should feel about losing everything he owned in the mysterious house fire. How would you feel if you were Wooton? Should “things” be important to us?
Heard in episode
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Katrina Meltsner||Audrey Wasilewski|
|Hadley Bassett||Chad Doreck|
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
|Penny Wise||Kimmy Robertson|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Buck Oliver||Robby Bruce|
|Firefighter Rudy||Rudy Haerr|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Police Chief Woodly||Unknown|
|Jules Kendall||Shona Rodman|
Mentioned in episode
- This is a main episode in The Ties That Bind (Saga).
- While waiting to visit Whit in the hospital, Connie says she doesn't "think she'll survive another shock in this waiting room", referencing #734: “Life Expectancy, Part 1”.
Connie Kendall: How about telling me what's really going on?
Jules Kendall: I don't know how.
Connie Kendall: Words, strung together in a coherent "thing-a-ma-jig" would be a good start!
Jules Kendall: Well...
Penny Wise: <enters room> Connie!
Connie Kendall: <To Penny> What's wrong?
Penny Wise: I don't know how to say it.
Jules Kendall: Words. Strung together in a coherent-
Connie Kendall: Not funny, Jules!