The Ties That Bind, Part 9
Harlow Doyle joins Emily, Matthew, and Jay as they reach Hangman’s Hollow and make a surprising discovery about the ghost town. Vance starts to wonder if his associate is having second thoughts about their business arrangement. And Katrina is worried that her new house guest might be working too hard to impress her.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
1. How did Vance treat Jules? How did he treat Buck? Do you know anyone who manipulates other people? If so, how should you respond as a Christian?
2. Katrina was worried that Buck might think he has to earn other people’s acceptance instead of feeling loved unconditionally. Have you ever acted like Buck? How could you act differently?
3. Would you watch Family Survivor if you had the chance? How are families portrayed in the TV shows or movies you watch? Think about what Wooton said about how art affects people. Do you think TV and movies are helping or hurting families? How does your TV or movie watching glorify God?
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
- This is a main episode in The Ties That Bind (Saga).
- Jay's affection for Elvis Presley is again referenced.
- The Family Survivor director references Kojak, Nightstalker, and The Wizard of Oz.
- Family Survivor is probably an allusion to The Walking Dead.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».