Swept Away, Part 1
“Swept Away, Part 1,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #818 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Nathan Hoobler, and was originally released on June 1, 2017.
Eugene fears that the Trickle Lake dam is about to collapse and flood Odyssey... including Whit's End.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
- This episode’s ministry is Convoy of Hope.
- Although this episode was produced and released before Find a Penny, Parts 1-2, since Wooton and Penny are already back from their honeymoon, this episode chronologically takes place after Find a Penny.
- This is Connie Kendall's 400th episode.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».
- What’s the craziest weather you’ve ever experienced? What did you learn from witnessing that?
- If you were forced to evacuate your home, what three possessions would you grab on your way out the door? Why?
- Some people call natural disasters (floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.) “acts of God.” Do you think that’s fair to God? Why or why not?
- When has your Christian faith been challenged by a storm of life? Read James 1:2-4. How did that “storm” you just mentioned help you to develop perseverance?
- In John 16:33 Jesus tells His disciples, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” How do both parts of that promise make you feel?
- After watching this month’s video documentary and hearing Whit describe the work of Convoy of Hope, what impressed you most about that faith-based relief organization?
- Would you have been as patient with Mrs. Kramer as Connie and Penny were? Why or why not? Who has the Lord put in your life who tests your patience? See what the Bible says about patience in Colossians 3:12, Ephesians 4:2 and Proverbs 15:18.
- Have you ever tried to help someone (like Mrs. Kramer) who didn’t want help? What happened? When might it be appropriate to leave a stubborn person alone? Under what circumstances would refusing to quit be the right thing to do?
- What do you think will happen to Connie and Penny? If you found yourself in their predicament, what would you do?