Swept Away, Part 2
“Swept Away, Part 2,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #819 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Nathan Hoobler, and was originally released on July 1, 2017.
As the evacuation continues, everyday heroes try to save the town. Is it too late to prevent a massive flood?
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Read Philippians 2:3. What were some of the ways people in Odyssey unselfishly put others' needs ahead of their own in "Swept Away"?
- How did you expect our audio drama to end? Did the twist surprise you? If you had written this story, how would things have turned out differently?
- How has God protected or encouraged you in the midst of a crisis (Psalm 46:1)? When has He used you to comfort someone else?
- The engineers realized they had put too much confidence in the dam’s sophisticated valve system, and the technology let them down. When in the Bible did people pay a price for putting too much trust in their own wisdom? [For a related conversation about salvation, explore what the Apostle Paul said about human vs. godly wisdom in 1 Corinthians 1:18-31.]
- When have you seen someone's heart soften to God because Christians reached out in love? How do you think the relationship between the Meltsners and the Pittmans will change moving forward?
- Consider different ways people often react to stress and loss. Do you know anyone going through a hard time who could just use a hug, like Penny?
- It's easy to wonder why one town or home is destroyed while its neighbor is spared. Talk about that together. How might John 9:1-7 apply to situations like this?
- This episode’s ministry is Convoy of Hope.
- Although this episode was produced and released before Find a Penny, Parts 1-2, since Wooton and Penny are already back from their honeymoon, this episode chronologically takes place after Find a Penny.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».