Drake and the Time That Time Forgot
“Drake and the Time That Time Forgot,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #841 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Bob Hoose, and was originally released on April 1, 2018.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- This episode is a follow-up to the episode Drake the Cosmic Copper.
- Were you excited to learn that Drake and Woots were back in the Club? What did you think of their latest adventure? Which twist surprised you most?
- Imagine if you had a time machine that could transport you backward or forward in time. What's the first thing you would use it for?
- Drake wishes he could relive a disastrous day and avoid a costly mistake. When have you said or done something you wish you could go back and change? Philippians 3:13-14 and 1 John 1:9 offer encouraging advice for moving forward.
- How has God used both good and hard events in your life to teach you lessons or draw you closer to Him? Are you among the "blessed" people described in James 1:12?
- Did you agree or disagree with Raelyn's plan to stop a deadly war before it could start? Why?
- Why did Drake feel that, as a Christian, it would be wrong to tinker with past events?
- Many centuries ago, God punished Jerusalem by exiling His people to Babylon. Like living through the Galactic Conflict, this probably felt tragic—an event Israel wished it could reverse. But God had other plans. Read Jeremiah 29:4-7 and 10-14. What do verses 4-7 tell us about living in trying times among people who don't know God? What do verses 10-14 reveal about God's love for His children?
- Drake discourages dwelling on the past. How can regrets keep us from moving forward in a healthy way and having a positive influence on the future?
- Name one thing you can do to make a difference in the future of someone you know. What can you do that will have a positive impact on your own future?
Raelyn Game: Wait, you're calling my bluff? Hadn't expected that.