Adventures in Odyssey Wiki:Town Hall/Episodes Project Archive
We need standard templates for episodes. Also, I don't think there should be reviews of episodes on the wiki. A wiki is generally for information. Links to reviews are fine, but they clutter up an episode page.
--Gonkz 22:36, 20 May 2007 (PDT)
- I would have to agree...at the time, I was just adding everything I could find to the first few episode pages to get a feel of what would work properly. I think we can now remove the reviews from the 2 or 3 pages that have them.
- As for a template, there is already an Infobox template that has been made, and a few Categories have been created as well...but beyond that nothing has been done as of yet.
- What's your take on the general format of the episode pages as they are now? (excluding the reviews of course) blipadouzi 22:44, 20 May 2007 (PDT)
- Great! --Gonkz 23:09, 20 May 2007 (PDT)
Another suggestion. The episode pages currently have sections for "Goofs" and "Allusions". These should be merged with trivia as there aren't goofs or allusions in every episode. Also, how do you get to the Infobox template? --Gonkz 23:09, 20 May 2007 (PDT)
- It looks like you found the Info template (saw it on Gifts from Madge & Guy) As for the Goofs and Allusions sections, I'd rather keep them. I agree that they should be removed if there is nothing in them, but they do add a certain angle to the pages. What we could do though is make them all sub-sections of a big Notes section. Not sure what we should call it though. Notes is good, but maybe Point of Interest could be an idea too. blipadouzi 05:59, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
- Okay, I agree. When goof and allusions are present they should be noted. The big "Notes" section sounds like the best idea to me. There are always things to note, but not always goofs or allusions. Trivia can go under notes as well. --Gonkz 08:40, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
Another thought: under the General information heading I think we should include the genre of the show (i.e. humor, mystery, holiday, drama, slice-of-life). Of course that opens up another area of debate (although many episodes would be pretty clear). Before I add that, what do you think? --Gonkz 08:40, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
- I agree...I was wanting to do the same but did not know whether others would like the idea or not. As for episodes that are more difficult to discern which category to assign them to, we can simply assign them to several categories. I also wonder if we shouldn't create genre pages, like... Genre:holiday, Genre:drama, and so on to keep a list of the episodes that qualify for each Genre.
- I see 2 ways of doing this...
- Simply list them manually and create the Genre pages ourselves...
- Create Genre Categories that will create the lists automatically.
blipadouzi 08:56, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
- I was thinking we should do it by category so the pages will be done automatically. --Gonkz 11:58, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
I've started thinking and looking things over, and here is a small list of Genres I see we can use:
- NT Story
- OT Story
- Suspense / Mystery
- Tear-Jerker / Heart-Warming
- Captures Imagination
- Behind the scenes
- New Year's
- Christian History
- American History
- Milestone (In the AIO world)
- Slice of Life
- KYDS Radio Drama
- Little Theatre
blipadouzi 13:47, 24 May 2007 (PDT)
- I like this basic idea, but don't you think we could then narrow it down even more, in another sense? Like, give them the theme of 'Trust' or 'Revenge', so if someone was looking for an episode on a particular topic, it would be easy to find?--Rachel Maxwell 15:04, 4 January 2008 (PST)