The Ties That Bind, Part 13
Eugene uses his computer expertise to track down the identity of the Perilous Pen, as well as provide Whit vital information about the Vigilantors. Connie’s and Wooton’s houseguests announce a sudden departure. And Whit again talks to his new friend at the hospital at the critical point of life and death.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
1. Do you believe our thinking about marriage and family can be influenced by companies that produce comics, television shows, movies, and music? What messages do some of those things send about families?
2. Randall tells Whit that disagreement and hatred are two different things. How are they different? Have you ever had a disagreement that seemed like hatred? How did you handle it? How is Whit handling his disagreement with Rhonda Adelaide? What could you learn from Whit about how to deal with people you disagree with?
3. Jules tells Buck that she won’t connect to Connie as family because she trusts only herself. Why is that a bad idea? How can we decide who to trust? How can your parents help you decide?
4. To help Buck, Jules threatened Vance by exposing the truth. Do you think she was right in doing so? Why did Jules take action to help Buck? How did Jules react when Vance threatened her? How would you react if someone was hurting a friend of yours?
5. When Mr. and Mrs. Parker talked to Rhonda Adelaide, they suggested that she had been unintentionally “indoctrinating” Matthew. What is indoctrination? Do you think Mr. and Mrs. Parker did the right thing by talking to Rhonda Adelaide?
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
|Dee Grant||Hadley Bassett|
|Lily Graham||John Whittaker|
|Jacques Henri||Eugene Meltsner|
|Katrina Meltsner||Jules Kendall|
|Matthew Parker||Rhonda Adelaide|
|Hugo Wells||Penny Wise|
|Richard Maxwell||Penny Wise|
|Bennett Charles||Penny Wise|
- This is a main episode in The Ties That Bind (Saga).
- Penny mentions Richard Maxwell and Mr. Charles as being potential suspects in this episode, though both left Odyssey long before Penny came to town.
- Penny references painter Picasso.
Penny Wise: Who is it? Hadley?
Connie Kendall: No.
Penny Wise: Hugo Wells? Vance King? Richard Maxwell? Mr. Charles? Oh! That creepy guy at Comic Connelsville with the silver tooth and really bad acne?
Connie Kendall: No.
Wooton Bassett: What creepy guy at Comic Connelsville with the silver tooth and really bad acne?
Eugene Meltsner: In the envelope to your left is some information that may prove useful to you.
John Avery Whittaker: Oh?
Eugene Meltsner: But you can only look at it if you provide Detective Polehaus with two jam donuts and a cauldron of coffee.
John Avery Whittaker: He needs to deputize me?