A New Era, Part 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
Relative Importance / Chronological
|Leonard Meltsner||Phil Proctor|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Joanne Allen||Janet Waldo|
|Thelma Meltsner||Salli Saffioti|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Katrina Meltsner||Audrey Wasilewski|
Mentioned in episode
|Everett Meltsner||Thelma Meltsner|
- Leonard Meltsner's conversion in this episode was one of many that has happened in Adventures in Odyssey over the years.
- For a complete list of everyone who has been saved on the show, see this List of Conversions.
- In this episode Eugene recounts his own conversion experience that culminated in his acceptance of Christ in #330: “The Time Has Come”, comparing his path of loss that led him on his journey to that of Leonard's. Leonard even paraphrases said episode's title near the end of the scene: "It's a long time coming."
- The discussion in this episode about following God's will in response to a need is strongly reminiscent of a similar discussion in #367: “The Decision” (as well as the previous episode).
- This three-part episode is only the second episode (collectively) in which abortion is mentioned or even suggested. The other episode is #134: “Pamela Has a Problem”.
- This episode closes both the Eugene's Search for his Father saga and the Ashanti storyline, both of which began with #574: “Prisoners of Fear, Part 1”.
- To date, this episode marks the final appearances of Leonard and Thelma Meltsner.
- It also marks the final mentions of Everett Meltsner and Aman.
- Clear ultrasounds were not available 25 years before the airing of this episode. Focus thought it worthwhile to make a "goof" for the sake of the story.
- Leonard mentions that he's now out of the hospital when he visits Whit's End, but he had already visited Whit's End in the previous episode after his surgery.