The Malted Milkball Falcon
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Emily Jones comes up with an idea to raise money for an orphans' care program at Whit's church. The plan consists of six kids rocking in rocking chairs at Whit's End for an entire night. As an incentive, the pastor has given the kids a piñata filled with chocolate milkballs that they can take a swing at if they stay awake for the whole night.
- The kids said they would do something, but they didn't follow through on it. Have you ever done something similar?
- Was it right for Emily to jump to conclusions?
Heard in episode
|Barrett Jones||Andy Pessoa|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
|Priscilla Peterson||Gatlin Green|
|Emily Jones||Cristina Pucelli|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Nelson Swanson||Georgina Cordova|
- Read a devotional thought about this show.
- The conclusion of this episode is similar to #467: “Broken Window”.
- The title of this episode is a reference to Dashiell Hammett's detective novel, The Maltese Falcon. Jay's use of the term "stool pigeon" is probably a reference to the popular detective fiction at the time of the novel as well.
- Nelson's movie "Buck Norris and His Flying Feet" is a reference to martial artist and action movie star Chuck Norris.
- Nelson's novel "The Good, the Bad, and the Unhygienic" is a reference to spaghetti western The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- The movies about the mutant ninja porpoises are references to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Jay blames his falling asleep on his suffering with sleep apnea, but sleep apnea does not cause increased sleepiness. A more likely condition that would cause falling asleep is narcolepsy. However, this is likely not a goof on the writers' part but a joke about Jay's poor excuse.
Barrett Jones: Emily Sherlock Jones is about to solve the case.
Emily Jones: You're not done til' I'm done.
Barrett Jones: Someone ate all of the maltballs out of the pinata last night..
Jay Smouse: Barrett!
Barrett Jones: What?
Jay Smouse: You stole them! How would you know that someone ate them unless that someone that ate them was you!
Barrett Jones: I just assumed that...
Jay Smouse: Put him in irons, throw away the key!
Jay Smouse: I slept like a rock. Does that count?
Chris Anthony: And I’m Chris, hoping you’ll join us again next time for more Adventures in Odyssey! <music fades out> …Is anyone gonna eat that last maltball?