Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 9
Kyle and the Rat arrive at Anastasia's shack. Kyle gives her a dollar and tells her he wants to go home. She takes his hand and tells him he should not be there. She gives back the money just as the king and General Liddell walk in. The king decides to make Kyle his protector. Lawrence asks the woman if he will be victorious against the Palatians. The Old Judge comes into the room. He tells the king among other things that death awaits him. He tells Kyle he should have had faith and been patient.
Meanwhile, Anna and 200 civilians in Lizah are attacked by the vicious Adrians. They are held hostage in a hotel. Baron Orkzy tells them that they are being held hostage as bargaining tools. General Darien is given a message that informs him if he doesn’t return the 200 civilians will be killed.
The king and his army are outflanked and out maneuvered. The king wants him to Kyle, as the Palatians close in. Then he asks Kyle to kill him but Kyle refuses. The king kills himself and Kyle crawls away. A Palatian hits Kyle in the back and he falls to the ground.
At the same time, Darien's army circles in from the south and west surprising the Adrian soldiers and rescuing the 200 civilians. He finds out the king is dead and is upset. During the celebration, Anna is swallowed up in a white light. She hears groaning and sees Kyle lying on his back. She realizes that she and Kyle have returned to Odyssey.
Anna runs back to her grandma’s house. Her grandma tells her she has been gone for three hours. Kyle is taken to the Odyssey Hospital and stays overnight because of his injuries. When Anna and Kyle have a minute alone they wonder if it was all a dream. Kyle is miserable that he failed and forgot the One who made him a hero. Kyle wonders if they are still chosen. Anna believes they are.
- General Liddell and King Lawrence came to Anastasia’s shack for help. Have you ever spent time with someone you knew you shouldn’t be around?
- Why or why not?
- Kyle decided to take matters into his own hands rather than waiting on God. Have you ever done that?
- Why is it hard to trust in the Lord while things are chaotic around you?
- Read Psalm 37:3-4. What does “delight yourself in the Lord” mean?
- The Old Judge told Kyle that he was in bad company and should have had faith and been patient. Patience is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Are you patient?
- Read Proverbs 19:11. How you can you put this into practice the next time you are offended?
- Both Kyle and Anna went through a lot of difficult situations. Like the two of them, do you ever feel your life is filled with struggles?
- Read Psalm 13:1-2. Is that how you feel at times?
- Read on to Psalm 13:5-6. When times are hard, can you say the same thing?
- Why or why not?
- Kyle couldn’t protect the king as he protected Darien. When was the last time you tried to do something you couldn’t do?
- Have you ever been prideful?
- What does James 4:10 tell you to do?
- What happens when you lift yourself up instead of letting God lift you up?
- Kyle thought about how he knew what it was like to die a coward without faith. Do you have dreams of being a hero?
- Who are your heroes?
- How can you be a hero?
- Kyle felt he had failed because he stopped believing. He forgot the Unseen One. Do you ever forget who made you?
- How does forgetting who your Creator is stop you from living the life you should?
- Read Lamentations 3:22. How does it make you feel to know that God never forgets you?
- PARENTAL WARNING:
|“||Because portions of this episode may be too intense for younger listeners, we recommend that children under the age of ten listen with their parents.||”|
- This is a dramatization of the Passages Book Darien's Rise by Paul McCusker.
- Read a devotional thought about this show.
Anna: We were chosen for one thing in Marus, so we must be chosen for something else here.