The Ties That Bind, Part 11
Emily and Matthew ponder what to do after getting a undeserved bad grade. Whit visits a terminal patient at the hospital and finds a friend. Vance tries to cast suspicion for recent Odyssey disasters on the wrong person. And Wooton and Detective Polehaus continue the search for the truth about the Perilous Pen.
1. Olivia discovered that “families are more important than people realize.” She added, “All I know is that what happens to the family affects everything.” Can you give some examples of what she might be talking about?
2. Why are Camilla’s parents worried about Buck’s influence on her? Do you think Buck is a good or bad role model? Who are your role models and what are they like?
3. Connie thought that events like the vandalism of Whit’s End and the terrible fire at Wooton’s house might be a spiritual attack. What does she mean? What is the best way to respond to a spiritual attack?
4. Why did Whit visit Rhonda Adelaide’s dying brother? How might her brother’s illness explain Rhonda Adelaide’s anger toward Whit? What can we learn from Whit about how to treat those who disagree with us?
5. Should teachers be able to lower your grade if they don’t agree with something you wrote? Has it ever happened to you? How will you respond if that happens?
6. How do you know the difference between a fact and a rumor? When someone tells you a rumor, what should you do? Why is it wrong to spread it around? What does the Bible say about gossip or slander? (See Ephesians 4:31.)
7. What did Rhonda Adelaide mean by “Gender isn’t in the hardware, it’s in the software—and can be changed and adjusted”? Do you agree or disagree? Why? How did Whit respond to Rhonda Adelaide’s statement?
- This is a main episode in The Ties That Bind (Saga).
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».