Original Release Date
October 27, 2017
Adventures in Odyssey Club: Season 5 ↓
Error: Invalid time.
Current user rating: 78/100% (5 votes)
“Beyond Repair,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #847 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Bob Hoose, and was originally released on
October 1, 2018.
With Pastor Knox along for support, a nervous young woman finally visits the prisoner who betrayed her.
||Pastor Knox tries to help a conflicted young woman, Alicia, who decides to visit her father in prison. She had been disappointed by her father for years.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Wilson encouraged Alicia to think of a positive Christmas memory. Can you share one of your favorite Christmas memories?
- Sandy compared believing in God to climbing high up in a tree. What did you think of that analogy? How would you describe "faith" to someone who hasn't put their trust in Jesus?
- Read 1 Corinthians 9:19 and 1 Peter 4:9. Do you know anyone like Juan and Sandy who, despite their own challenges, love God and serve others without complaining?
- Alicia's father caused himself and others a lot of pain by making bad choices. When have you been hurt by someone else's selfishness and sin? Have you managed to forgive that person? If so, how has God blessed that decision? If not, what's stopping you?
- According to Matthew 6:14-15 and Mark 11:25, what's the most important reason we should forgive others?
- How did you feel during Alicia's emotional speech to her father in prison? Do you think she'll give him another chance? Why or why not?
- Why do you think it might be hard for people like Alicia to fully understand verses such as Luke 11:13 and 2 Corinthians 6:18? When you hear someone say "father," what words come to your mind?
- Why is it important to keep our promises, even the little ones? How did broken promises harm Alicia's relationship with her dad early in this episode?
- As Chris pointed out, prisons aren't just made of concrete walls and steel bars. What other things can make someone a prisoner, and how can we avoid them?
- Had you heard about Prison Fellowship or Angel Tree before listening to this Adventure? How do you and your family like to bless people during the Christmas season?
- This episode is based on the ministry of Prison Fellowship and project Angel Tree.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».