Grady's sister Sam falls unconscious and he calls on God to perform a miracle and save her. So that he would not have to stay at the hospital, Whit comes and picks him up to take him to Whit's End. On the way, Grady asks if a miracle could happen. In response, Whit tells him he should hear about a miracle from Joanne Allen. He also takes an Imagination Station adventure to help solve his problem. In the end, Grady learns about the importance of miracles.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
|Jenny Whittaker||Grady McKay|
|Connie Kendall||John Whittaker|
|Eugene Meltsner||John Whittaker|
- The plot of this episode is similar to that of #241: “Forever, Amen”. Both episodes feature Whit taking a young boy (Grady in this case, Danny Schmidt in the other) under his wing after the boy's family makes an emergency trip to the hospital to tend to the boy's sister. Both episodes also explore the concepts of prayer and the supernatural in response to tragedy.
- The name of the first Imagination Station adventure that Grady encounters in this episode is the story of Jeremiah. The last Imagination Station episode featured on the program was the story of Jeremiah in #601: “Bernard and Jeremiah”, several months earlier.
- Joanne appears in this episode after a 2-year absence, having last been heard in #556: “And That's the Truth”.
Grady McKay: They need air conditioning in these houses.