Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 1
They are about to give up when they spot the house. They go inside. Kyle hears voices. He looks through the keyhole in a door and sees people. Anna thinks he’s teasing, since when she looks she sees nothing. He falls through the floorboards. She’s afraid she’ll fall too and goes into a room backwards where she is engulfed in a bright light.
Kyle watches a sword fight in which a younger man succeeds in disarming an older one then takes his medals. The young man speaks to Kyle and the older man takes this opportunity to charge at him. Kyle warns the younger man. The younger man stabs the older man in defense. Kyle and the young man escape on a horse into the black woods.
Meanwhile, Anna finds herself in a dark closet. She opens the door a crack and hears King Lawrence fighting angrily with his son, Prince George, who believes Darien is a great man whom the king has wronged more than once. General Liddell reports to the king that General Darien has returned. When Anna leaves the closet, General Liddell catches her and accuses her of being a spy. He takes her to a man who sells children into slavery.
- Jack and Whit have been friends for a very long time. What do you like best about long-term friendships?
- How is a longstanding friendship different from a new friendship?
- Kyle and Anna were staying with their grandparents in Odyssey. Do you like spending time with your grandparents?
- Read Leviticus 19:32 How do you show respect for older people?
- Anna saw King Lawrence and Prince George arguing about Darien’s popularity. Are you popular now?
- Would you like to be?
- Why do so many people covet popularity?
- Whose favor should we desire?
- Read Proverbs 8:35 and Psalm 90:17 How can you gain God’s favor?
- What does “establish the work of our hands” mean?
- Dave Arnold introduces this miniseries, after Chris Anthony.
- This is a dramatization of the Passages book Darien's Rise by Paul McCusker.
- This is also the first episode in which John Avery Whittaker was played by Andre Stojka.
- This series parallels the story of David and Saul, whereas Fletcher's Rebellion parallels the story of Gideon.
- Although it's difficult to tell, it's possible that radio announcer on "Odyssey FM" in the opening scene is Mr. Tanner from #586: “A Cheater Cheated”.
Anna: ...look, it's a house!