Out of Her Element
Jump to navigation Jump to search
“Out of Her Element,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #888 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Bob Smithouser, and was originally released on March 1, 2020.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
Relative Importance / Chronological
|Marie Curie||Carla Delaney|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Renee Carter||Amy Pemberton|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
- This is Renee Carter’s 10th episode.
- Do you consider chemistry an interesting subject? After watching our latest video, which of Dr. Ron's experiments was your favorite?
- Renee skipped class to work on her Imagination Station program. When have you avoided something you needed to do in favor of something you wanted to do? What happened? What did you learn from that experience?
- Why are high scores and positive feedback so important to some people? How important are they to you? According to Matthew 5:10-12, what type of feedback should Christians expect when we choose to follow Jesus?
- Connie told Renee, "Getting positive feedback or a high grade is great, but getting it the right way is even better." What did she mean? What are some wrong ways we can chase success or seek others' approval?
- Based on James 2:1-4, did Connie do the right thing when she told Jay that she wouldn't give him special treatment? Why or why not?
- According to Proverbs 28:6, is God more concerned about the results or the process? Why should Christians act with integrity, even when others don't?
- It's good to rely on others for help, provided we're not taking unfair advantage of them. How can we know the difference? What clues might warn us that we've crossed the line and are selfishly trying to use someone (including God) to get what we want?
- After reading Mark 10:45 together, discuss several ways Jesus put others first during His earthly ministry.
- What are some practical ways you can put other people's needs ahead of your own today? (1 Corinthians 10:24, Philippians 2:3-4)
- What did you think of Jay's scheme to get free food? Which favorite restaurant would you rate highest for cleanliness, service and overall deliciousness? Take a moment to go online and give it a positive review.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».