Unsinkable, Part 2
“Unsinkable, Part 2,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #887 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Kathy Buchanan, and was originally released on February 1, 2020.
As the luxury liner takes on water, what will become of Nina, her father, Henry and the other passengers?
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- What did you learn about the Titanic—or the history of Whit's End—that you didn't know before?
- What might have happened to Nina had the Fillmores not invited her into their home that day? When have you received a kind word or gesture that meant a lot to you?
- In Part 1 of this Adventure, Nina longed for luxury and fancy things. In Part 2 we discovered that, soon after the sinking, she received "everything a young woman could want." Did material things make her happy? Why or why not?
- Read Philippians 4:12-13 to see what the Apostle Paul concluded after being both rich and poor. On a scale of 1 to 10, how content are you most of the time?
- Was it fair that a 15-year-old boy was treated like a man and denied a place in Nina's lifeboat? At what age should a child be considered an adult? Why?
- Read John 15:13. Discuss how characters risked their own safety to help others. What enabled Rev. Hankins to give Henry his life belt?
- What was it like to hear Nina and others reciting the Lord's Prayer during a time of crisis? Do you think people would be as quick to do that today? Why or why not? If you're not familiar with the prayer Jesus taught His disciples, consider memorizing Matthew 6:9-13 this week.
- What's the best gift you've ever given to your parents? Why do you think Reverend Hankins told Nina, "The greatest gift you can give me is to walk in [God's] ways and do the work He has planned for you"? (Read 3 John 1:4)
- Nina's regrets included words left unspoken. Why is it important to let people know how much we love and appreciate them?
- Years after Titanic, Nina was energized by playing piano again ("I was finally doing the work I was meant to do"). Read Ephesians 2:10 and Romans 12:6-8. What gifts has God given you that could bless others and energize you?
Heard in episode
- This episode was dedicated to Kathy Buchanan’s husband.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».