Met His Match
Jump to navigation Jump to search
“Met His Match,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #839 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Kathy Buchanan, and was originally released on February 1, 2018.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
Relative Importance / Chronological
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Penny Bassett||Kimmy Robertson|
|Olivia Parker||Kelly Stables|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Lucia Ortega||Lucki Wheating|
|Lily Graham||Kay Bess|
|Beaulah Kramer||Mitzi McCall|
Mentioned in episode
|Jenny Whittaker||Connie Kendall|
|Wooton Bassett||Olivia Parker|
|Frank Wise||Penny Bassett|
|Eleanor Wise||Penny Bassett|
|David Parker||John Whittaker|
|Eva Parker||Olivia Parker|
- What do you prefer, big dogs or small dogs? For Mrs. Kramer, that was a deal-breaker. Silly, right? These days, what other trivial things do kids consider way too important when deciding who to be friends with?
- What qualities should matter when choosing a close friend or, eventually, a spouse? Read 2 Corinthians 6:14 and Galatians 5:22-23.
- Would you like to get married and have a family someday? Share some of your hopes and dreams for the future.
- Of the couples you know, which ones seem to have a healthy marriage? What have you observed or admired that makes you feel that way?
- How would you feel if your friends, like Penny and Olivia, secretly set out to find you your "perfect match"? Who knows you well enough to judge what type of person would be a good fit for you? (Check out Psalm 139:1-6.)
- What truths about God and marriage did Olivia use to persuade Penny to do the wrong thing? If we're not careful, how can we twist what the Bible says to justify doing something we really want to do?
- Penny told Connie that she needed to brag on herself. What do you think of people who try to impress others with how great they are? See what the Bible says about boasting in Jeremiah 9:23, Proverbs 27:2, Galatians 6:14 and 1 Corinthians 1:31.
- How do people brag on social media without even realizing they're doing it? Why is it unhealthy to compare our lives with what we see people posting about themselves on the internet?
- Connie said, "I would prefer a guy who wants to know me for me, not how I look." Is it wrong to want to look our best? At what point does an interest in appearances become unhealthy?
- Name several other, more appropriate things the girls could've done to cheer Whit up. Which can you do to encourage someone in your life? Who is God bringing to mind?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».