Live at the 25!
Connie Kendall hosts a live edition of Candid Conversations With Connie for the anniversary of Whit's End. Features include: the sketch "Young Gun's Bonanza", various interviews with the gang at Whit's End, and a unique look at the future of some of the characters.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
- This show includes a live version of the "Young Guns Bonanza" sketch, originally heard in #141: “Over the Airwaves”. Several changes and cuts were made to accommodate the live audience and the cast. The original Wes Chester was changed to Emma Darling. Most of the original cast maintain their original roles, including Whit, Tom, Connie, and George Barclay.
- The "Sam Maritan" sketch from #114: “The Big Broadcast” was preformed live, but cut for time. It featured Jason as Sam, Mandy as Lucy Cutie, Bart as the Religious Leader, Whit as the Levite, and Announcer Chris as the Innkeeper.
- Chris preforms her wrap-up for the live audience, even asking them to participate in reading the address.
- This episode was recorded in front of a live audience at the Focus on the Family's 25th anniversary in two performances (July 26 & 27, 2002). The second recording also featured a half hour live question and answer segment, of which about seven minutes were used in #501: “Inside the Studio”. The live performance was more than 15 minutes longer than the show heard on the air. For a complete list of live shows and for more information on how they are recorded, click here.
- Much of the music featured in this episode originally appeared in Video 8: Go West Young Man.
- GOOF ALERT: Connie says that Bernard said the Electric Palace had automatic doors the day it opened. However, in Aloha, Oy!, we learn that the Electric Palace had only just then gotten automatic doors. This was long after the shop opened.
Connie Kendall: Oh, you are so modest! It's the 25th anniversary of Whit's End!