Walker Edmiston (February 6, 1925 – February 15, 2007) was a very talented actor and voiceover artist who was born in St. Louis, Missouri. He played many roles on Adventures in Odyssey (most notably Tom Riley and Bart Rathbone), starting with the very first episode of the show in 1987. At times the two characters would argue; however, Edmiston would require little redubbing or editing. He simply switched between the two characters without pause.
Edmiston appeared on various television programs in character roles during the 1950s – 1970s, such as Gunsmoke, Mission: Impossible, Knots Landing, and The Dukes of Hazzard. Edmiston also did many television commercials and cartoon character voices, such as Ernie the Keebler Elf in hundreds of commercials for the cookie products of Kellogg Company, and voices for characters on H.R. Pufnstuf and The Bugaloos from the studios of Sid and Marty Krofft, as well as a recurring role as Enik the Altrusian on that studio's Land of the Lost. Some of his voice credits were under the stage name Walter Edmiston and Walker Ed.
In the 1950s and 1960s, he hosted "The Walker Edmiston Show", a children's television program in Los Angeles, California. The program featured puppets of his own creation including Kingsley the Lion and Ravenswood the Buzzard.
Walker Edmiston died of cancer in Los Angeles on February 15, 2007, just 9 days after his 82nd birthday. Due to several unused recordings, he was heard one last time on Adventures in Odyssey in the spring of 2008.
- Transformers — Inferno
- The Great Mouse Detective — Citizen/Thug Guard
- The Smurfs — Walden Edmiston
- H.R. Pufnstuf — Boris Karloff Tree, Dr. Blinky, Dr. Blinky's Candle, East Wind, Grandfather Clock, Ludicrous Lion, North Wind, Redwood, Seymour Spider
- The Flintstones — J. Montague Gypsum
- Wholly Moses — God
- Avatar: The Last Airbender — Fire Lord Azulon
- Land of the Lost — Enik, Jefferson Davis Collie II
- Ben 10 — Murly\Ice Cream Employee ("Permanent Retirement")