One More Name, Part 2
“One More Name, Part 2,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #814 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Kathy Buchanan, and was originally released on February 1, 2017.
Secrets are revealed as Irena and her friends search for creative new ways to sneak more Jewish children to safety.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Previously Titled "In Jars of Clay."
- As we’ve learned, being God’s chosen nation hasn’t always been easy for the Jews. When have you felt persecuted for your heritage or beliefs? What happened? Take comfort in Christ’s promise found in Matthew 5:10.
- Do you know someone at school or in your neighborhood who seems to get bullied a lot? What can you do to help or encourage that person?
- Itzak and Kaarina approached Irena because she had “access.” Similarly, the book of Esther shares the dramatic account of how God placed Queen Esther in the right place at the right time to help her people. What special access do you have that God can use to help others? (In the coming days, consider listening to the Odyssey episodes "Bernard and Esther, Parts 1 and 2" (Album 11), or reading through Esther during your family Bible time.)
- If you had to choose between being smuggled to safety in a toolbox, a coffin or a laundry bag, which would it be? Why? Do you think you would have been able to stay quiet?
- Were you surprised to discover the truth about Mr. Zegota? Discuss how God uses ordinary people to make a difference, even when someone else may be doing the actual work. Does your family give money to a ministry that's helping people or saving lives?
- What do you think of Irena’s plan to preserve the Jewish children’s identities by hiding slips of paper inside jars? Can you think of other super-secret, creative ways she could have done that?
- Together, read John 1:12; 1 John 3:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 12:27; 1 Peter 2:9 and Galatians 3:27-28. Why is it important that Christians not lose sight of who we are?
- As soon as Irena learned that Treblinka was a death camp, she raced to share the truth with her friend, who didn’t know where she was going. How is this like sharing the Gospel with someone who is lost?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».