One More Name, Part 1
“One More Name, Part 1,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #813 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Kathy Buchanan, and was originally released on January 1, 2017.
To save Jewish children from the Nazis, a Polish social worker agrees to smuggle them out of the Warsaw Ghetto.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Previously Titled "In Jars of Clay."
- Documentary Celebrate Life
- Olivia is involved with the middle school drama club. What sports, clubs or activities do you enjoy?
- Read Genesis 1:27 and Psalm 139:13. How do those passages make you feel about your own value in God’s eyes?
- Irena and her friends trusted God, yet also came up with strategies for rescuing children. What do you consider the proper balance between expecting help from above and taking practical steps toward achieving a goal? (For a biblical example, explore Nehemiah 2)
- Can you recall when Irena lied to protect people’s lives? Do you think it was OK for her to be dishonest with the Nazis? Why or why not?
- Talk about Mrs. Rotfeld’s decision to send little Aaron away. Even though it was the right choice, how do you think she felt? How do you think Aaron felt?
- In addition to saving Aaron’s life, Mrs. Rotfeld wanted to make sure that he wouldn’t forget his identity. Why was that so important to her?
- What did Itzak mean when he asked Irena, “What if God doesn’t only want you to pray for a miracle, but to be part of the miracle?” When has God nudged you to be part of someone’s miracle?
- Olivia was shocked that so many people during the Holocaust could stand by and watch it happen. Why do you think some people refused to help the Jews? What problems are people ignoring today? Can you do something to solve them?
- Young Ariella longed for simple pleasures—like potatoes—that she once took for granted. Have each person in your group write down three little things they’re grateful for. Share your lists, read James 1:17 and take a moment to thank God for those blessings.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».