Icky and Kat and Balty and Bones
“Icky and Kat and Balty and Bones,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #871 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Phil Lollar, and was originally released on October 1, 2019.
Learn about the folly of superstitions in this fun, musical retelling of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Talk about other musicals you've experienced, either on stage or screen. What did you enjoy most about them? Is there anything about this form of storytelling that you don't like?
- What was your favorite song in "Icky and Kat and Balty and Bones"?
- How did Icky take advantage of gullible people (Proverbs 14:15,18) while selfishly satisfying his own appetites (Romans 16:17-18)?
- What's the silliest superstition you've ever heard of? Why do you think people choose to believe in superstitions?
- What are some of the ways people today "turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths"? (2 Timothy 4:4)
- Some people argue that faith in God is nothing more than superstition. While that may be true of many religions, talk about what makes Christianity unique and reliable (historical records, miracles, prophecies, Jesus rising from the dead, etc.).
- Do you think it was fair of Balty to force Kat to marry Icky? Why or why not? Since arranged marriages are the norm in many cultures around the world, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of parents choosing a spouse for their child.
- Icky told Kat, "You will be my wife, and that will be enough for you." What do you think he meant by that? Compare Icky's selfish attitude with how God wants husbands to love their wives (Ephesians 5:25).
- Why is it wrong to do something bad even if the goal is to accomplish something good? Do you think Kat was justified in breaking up with Bones because of his mean prank? Why or why not?
- Throughout Adventure 70, conversations were overheard by unseen listeners. How does it feel to know that our invisible God hears all of our conversations? How can this help us be more careful about what we say?
- The plot of this episode is partially based on the short story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
- This episode included the following songs:
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».