The Champ of the Camp
Every year, Connie goes to Camp Jumonville, a cheerleading camp where she has spent many happy summers. This summer, though, she is not excited to be there. Even her friends' excited talk about trying to win the annual prank war against the boys' camp across the creek fails to change her mood, and Connie wants no part of it. But when the boys strike first, Connie changes her mind. However, every prank Connie and her friends try to pull is thwarted by the mysterious camper known only as "Goggles". He never seems to fail, executing one humiliating prank after another, but Connie fails to share her friends’ enthusiasm for the prank war.
One day, Connie gets a phone call from her Mom with some devastating news: her parents have signed divorce papers. Helpless to do anything about her parents' divorce, Connie decides to focus her attention on something more manageable, and declares war on the Navajo cabin from the boys’ camp. Connie must summon all her creative skills as queen of pranks - or "The Avenger" as she is nicknamed by her friends - to save the girls' reputations.
The plans for the ultimate prank have been laid and all is in place to catch Goggles unaware, and beat the Navajo cabin by humiliating their leader. Unfortunately, on the brink of the plan’s execution, Connie is pulled aside and warned that the prank war has to stop. Any sign of a prank and she will be sent home. Since home is the last place she wants to go, Connie must risk breaking the rules to stop the plan that has already been set in motion before the camp director himself stumbles into their trap and Connie is sent packing.
Everything seems to be going wrong, but in the midst of it all, Connie gets unexpected help from the enemy, whose surprising identity is finally revealed to her. His selfless actions prove that winning isn't as important as doing the right thing.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Connie Kendall (young)||Meagan Smith|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Goggles||John Charles Morris|
|Miss Belford||Debbie McLeod|
|Mr. Sherman||Alfonso Freeman|
Mentioned in episode
|June Kendall||Connie Kendall|
|Bill Kendall||Connie Kendall|
|Frank Burnette||Eugene Meltsner|
|Maddie Burnette||Eugene Meltsner|
|John Whittaker||Eugene Meltsner|
- Teenage Connie mentions in this episode's story that "Goggles" is a geek and most girls probably tell him to get lost and then throw mud on him. In the episode #117: “The Trouble with Girls”, Eugene mentions to Jimmy Barclay how he received this very type of treatment.
- The fact that Connie previously went to girls' camp was mentioned in the earlier episode #432: “You Win Some, You Lose Some”.
- This entire story that Connie writes in this episode would end up being deleted by Kelly along with the rest of Connie's book in #605: “The Chosen One, Part 1”. It is unknown if Connie decided to re-write the story afterward.
- Pooky, the name of Connie's bear from this episode's story, is also the name of the stuffed bear from the Garfield comic strip.
- Connie is here portrayed as being at camp while her parents got a divorce, but in #34: “Stormy Weather” she mentioned that she stayed with her Aunt Joyce during the divorce.
- Possible explanation: Connie stayed with her Aunt Joyce after returning from camp.