Pranks for the Memories
This time, Curt Stevens is pulling the pranks. Whit warns him about the problem with prank-pulling: You always have to be on the lookout for someone pulling a prank on you. Curt leaves, paranoid. But the situation worsens when Lucy Cunningham-Schultz decides to throw a surprise birthday party for Curt out at Tom Riley's farm.
The combination of Curt's paranoia and Lucy's trying to get him to the farm without revealing the surprise leads to all sorts of merriment — especially when Curt rushes out to the Riley barn and sets a trap for Lucy. Unfortunately, the trap he's set requires physical endurance on his part. Before long, his strength gives out. Curt's trap backfires on him, and he is humiliated. Whit, as usual, was right about pulling pranks — the only person Curt should have been on the lookout for... was himself.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Is it wrong to pull practical jokes?
- Why or why not?
- Did Curt take his joking too far with Lucy?
- Did he learn a lesson? Explain.
- What are some "practical jokes" Satan likes to pull on us?
- How can we avoid them?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Curt Stevens||Fabio Stephens|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Lucy Cunningham-Schultz||Genni Long|
|Patrick O'Ryan||Will Ryan|
|Tom Riley||Walker Edmiston|
- In this episode, listeners were given the opportunity to submit a punch line for Officer O'Ryan's joke. Many punch lines were sent, most of them having something to do with the lake being frozen. The real punch line was, "Yeah! Your dog can't swim!"
- This episode is partly a remake of #24: “Gotcha!”. Only the first scene of "Pranks for the Memories" was a parallel of the first scene of "Gotcha!".
- The title of this episode comes from the popular phrase and theme song, "Thanks for the Memories."
- AIO Update: Read
QuotesCurt Stevens: Like I said, no one is better at practical jokes than Curt Stevens.
Curt Stevens: I’ve been holding the ropes for almost an hour.
Tom Riley: That’s about the biggest chicken I have ever seen.
John Whittaker: Yeah, or is it a turkey?
Curt Stevens: <referring to the molasses> Ugh, this stuff is really sticky.
Tom Riley: Yeah, and tomorrow, it’ll be dry and probably a lot harder to clean up off my barn floor, too. But I know you’ll do a good job.
Curt Stevens: Oh, great. That’s it. I’m never gonna pull another practical joke again — as long as I live.