The Parker family is in for a bumpy ride. It all starts when their grandmother (or Abuelita, the Spanish word for Grandmother) comes to tell them that their Aunt Rosalita has decided to elope...next week...in Odyssey...at their house! Then relative after relative arrives to stay with the family. Where will the chaos end?
Matthew, Olivia, and Camilla Parker are at Whit's End. They tell Whit about their crazy week, which starts when their Abuelita, came for a visit. When Abuelita got to their house, she informs them that Eva Parker's sister has decided to get married, at their house! All of their family comes, causing an incredible amount of mayhem.
After Matthew, Olivia and Camilla are finished with their drinks, their father comes to take the kids to the wedding. They find out that the bride-to-be eloped with her first boyfriend the previous night. Eva finally has had enough and yells at Abuelita, who apologizes for treating Eva the way that she did. Eva accepts her apology, and they have a fiesta. Abuelita decides to stay for a few more weeks.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why do you think Eva insisted on having the house clean before Abuelita arrived?
- Have you ever been to a family reunion?
- What did you learn about your relatives?
- Does your family have any special traditions?
- What are they?
|Camilla Parker||Sydney Shiotani|
|David Parker||Marc Evan Jackson|
|Eva Parker||Amanda Troop|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Lucia Ortaga||Lucki Wheating|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Olivia Parker||Hope Levy|
- Read a devotional thought about this show.
- The characters Rosalita and Orlando are probably an allusion to the play by William Shakespeare, As You Like It, which features a couple named Rosalind and Orlando.
- The Town of Odyssey Message Boards: Read
- The Odyssey Scoop: Visit.htm Read
- Fans at The Odyssey Scoop: Read
QuotesJohn Whittaker: Enjoy! Although I feel I should put a warning sign on you, Matthew. There's enough chocolate in that shake and brownie to energize a small Swiss village.
David Parker: There was this spider the size of a Volkswagen under the house. That squeaky step will have to wait.
David Parker: Me? No. She does great. I eat all I can stomach.
Eva Parker: David!
David Parker: No, uh, that's not what I... that was supposed to come out in a good way and it didn't... no, Eva is, uh, muy... incredibliblo... cook.
Lucia Ortaga: She and her fiance decided to get married this week!
Eva Parker: Oh?
Lucia Ortaga: And she wants to be married here, in Odyssey.
Eva Parker: Oh.
Lucia Ortaga: At your house!
Eva Parker: OH, NO!