David Parker is sorting through the junk in the Parker family garage when Red Hollard drops in. David is trying to get to the sprinkler system controls and tries to explain to Red the 'Pack Rat' habits of his family. After a box of old mugs falls (almost) on top of him, David decides to talk to his family about a Garage sale.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why does David think it’s time to have a yard sale?
- What are the reasons that each Parker family member tried to hang onto their “clutter"?
- What are three things you’ve outgrown that you could donate to a local charity?
- Read Matthew 6:19-21.
- What do you think Jesus means when he says, “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also?”
|David Parker||Marc Evan Jackson|
|Eva Parker||Amanda Troop|
|Olivia Parker||Hope Levy|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Camilla Parker||Sydney Shiotani|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Red Hollard||Steve Eastin|
- This episode is most likely a remake of #219: “Treasures of the Heart”.
- This is possibly a spoof of the Berenstain Bears book "Clean House" in which the Bears find a lot of clutter and decide to have a yard sale.
- This episode introduce Red Hollard, who was most likely to replace the sometimes stubborn window washer, Bernard Walton.
QuotesRed Hollard: Now there's a find! A wood sander? Still in the box? You put that up for sale I'd jump on that like a duck on a June bug.
David Parker: But first, I'm gonna get through this junk if it kills me.
Red Hollard: Uh, Mr. Parker!?
David Parker: Please, call me David.
Red Hollard: David! Look out! <loud crashing sound>
Olivia Parker: Dad, will you take your youngest daughter back to wherever you found her? She's driving me crazy!
David Parker: How old is this sock? Did something die in it? It looks like it has rigor mortis!
David Parker: You’re real big on catch phrases centered around barnyard animals, aren't you?
Red Hollard: They make me happier than a fat tick on a skinny dog!
Matthew Parker: I thought family spontaneity was when we do something fun. This is more of a “spontaneous not fun” kind of family thing.
David Parker: What about you, Camilla? You’ve been awfully quiet. Do you have a woeful reason why you can’t help this weekend?
Camilla Parker: Nope. I just want to do what you want me to do. I love you Daddy.
David Parker: <chuckles> I love you too honey, but I'm afraid that won't get you out of this cleanup.
Camilla Parker: Oh, man.