Game for a Mystery
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why wasn’t Simon Jones happy with Barrett?
- What things can distract you from your chores and responsibilities at home?
- Was it right for Emily to distract Barrett from trimming the hedge?
- What are the consequences to putting off important tasks?
|Barrett Jones||Andy Pessoa|
|Dorothy Jones||April Stewart|
|Emily Jones||Cristina Pucelli|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Nelson Swanson||Georgina Cordova|
|Simon Jones||Joel McCrary|
- This episode introduces the Jones family (apart from the reference to Emily in Welcome to Whit's End).
- An animal making away with a character's property because of food being in it previously occurred in #252: “The Bad Hair Day”. In addition, a character hiding outside and playing a video game occurred in #236: “Into Temptation”.
- Matthew Parker says that “detective” is the middle word in "Jones and Parker Detective Agency". However, “Parker” is the middle word.
Barrett Jones: Ah! Oh! That's it! Almost there! Ah, I got it! I got it! No, wait, I didn't get it. I did get it! I got it!! I beat the level!! Whooohooo!!!
Simon Jones: Do you hear that?
Barrett Jones: What?
Simon Jones: I can hear the hedge calling your name. It's saying, "Come bring that great electric hedge trimmer to bane all that is untrimmed and untidy!"
Barrett Jones: That's not funny, dad.
Simon Jones: Wait a minute. And I give you this, Hedge Bane the Horrible, half of my energy bar. It will aid you in mustering all of your strength!
Barrett Jones: I'm busy.
Emily Jones: With what? Scratching ant bites and playing Verminoids?
Barrett Jones: I'm not playing Verminoids! Who said I was playing Verminoids?
Emily Jones: Well, I couldn't help but notice the concave indentations in your thumbs. About the size of the buttons on your game I would think.
Matthew Parker: The subconscious mind has a tendency to manipulate even casual conversation.
Barrett Jones: Oh boy. Here we go again! Man this is so textbook. Denial, denial, denial! Shame is a prison, Nelson, and you are it's inmate!