Game for a Mystery
Simon Jones just wants the hedge trimmed, but his son Barrett can’t tear himself away from his portable video game – until it disappears without a trace! Emily, along with trusty sidekick Matthew, takes this as a case for the newly formed Jones and Parker Detective Agency.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why wasn’t Simon Jones happy with Barrett?
- What things can distract you from your chores and responsibilities at home?
- Was it right for Emily to distract Barrett from trimming the hedge?
- What are the consequences to putting off important tasks?
|Barrett Jones||Andy Pessoa|
|Dorothy Jones||April Stewart|
|Emily Jones||Cristina Pucelli|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Nelson Swanson||Georgina Cordova|
|Simon Jones||Joel McCrary|
- According to Focus's schedule this episode did not air June 25, 2011. Rather, #659: “Target of the Week” did.
- This episode introduces the Jones family (apart from the reference to Emily in Welcome to Whit's End).
- Matthew Parker says that “detective” is the middle word in "Jones and Parker Detective Agency". However, “Parker” is the middle word.
QuotesBarrett Jones: Ah! Oh! That's it! Almost there! Ah, I got it! I got it! No, wait, I didn't get it. I did get it! I got it!! I beat the level!! Whooohooo!!!
Simon Jones: Do you hear that?
Barrett Jones: What?
Simon Jones: I can hear the hedge calling your name. It's saying, "Come bring that great electric hedge trimmer to bane all that is untrimmed and untidy!"
Barrett Jones: That's not funny, dad.
Simon Jones: Wait a minute. And I give you this, Hedge Bane the Horrible, half of my energy bar. It will aid you in mustering all of your strength!
Barrett Jones: I'm busy.
Emily Jones: With what? Scratching ant bites and playing Verminoids?
Barrett Jones: I'm not playing Verminoids! Who said I was playing Verminoids?
Emily Jones: Well, I couldn't help but notice the concave indentations in your thumbs. About the size of the buttons on your game I would think.
Barrett Jones: Well, I hope this is good. Like a crashed space ship or a nest of radioactive snakes!
Matthew Parker: I think Verminoids is warping your brain.
Matthew Parker: The subconscious mind has a tendency to manipulate even casual conversation.
Barrett Jones: Oh boy. Here we go again! Man this is so textbook. Denial, denial, denial! Shame is a prison, Nelson, and you are it's inmate!
Barrett Jones: a lawnmower!
Emily Jones: More Than Likely...
Barrett Jones: But that means... DAAAAAAAD!