There and Back Again, Part 1
(Redirected from There and Back Again)Jump to navigation Jump to search
“There and Back Again, Part 1,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #822 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released on October 1, 2017.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Describe the best vacation you’ve ever taken as a family. What are your favorite memories of it?
- Jason said, “Relationships need time and attention to grow.” Would you agree? How have you noticed your family investing time and attention to grow relationships?
- Did Whit, Jason and Wilson do the right thing when they encountered the young woman in the road? Why or why not? How is their situation similar to the story Jesus shared in Luke 10:25-37?
- The epic New Zealand adventure has taken a few detours. When have unexpected circumstances forced you to change your plans? How did you respond?
- In general, how flexible are you when things don’t go your way? What little things could you do to grow in that area?
- What does “freedom” mean to you? Read 1 Corinthians 9:19 to see what it meant to the Apostle Paul. How did Whit, Wilson and Jason use their freedom on vacation to become slaves?
- It's been a while since we've heard from Jay Smouse. Did you enjoy having him pop up in this episode? What have you missed most about Jay, and how does he show us how not to behave?
- Why is Jay afraid to tell his parents about losing his job on the TV show? Why is it important that he tell them anyway?
- Wilson seemed dead set against bungee jumping, but gave it a try . . . and had fun! When have you been afraid to try something new, only to go through with it and be glad that you did?
Heard in episode
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|Wilson Knox||Gregory Jbara|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
|Megan Renault||Larissa Gallagher|
Mentioned in episode
|Nick Smouse||John Whittaker|
|Silvia Smouse||John Whittaker|
|Tom Lyell||Wilson Knox|
|Harold Whittaker||John Whittaker|
- Many distinct references are made to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit in this episode.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».