Angels in Horsehair
Jump to navigation Jump to search
“Angels in Horsehair,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #821 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Phil Lollar, and was originally released on September 1, 2017.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- How do you feel about horses? If you had to choose between owning a horse, a dog, or some tropical fish, which would it be and why?
- How did Becky, Whit and Renee put other people ahead of themselves in this Adventure?
- Has an experience ever left you feeling hurt or afraid, like Renee’s accident did to her? If so, what steps have you taken to keep those feelings from becoming a burden? Be encouraged that God is bigger than whatever you need to overcome (Isaiah 41:10, Philippians 4:6-7).
- Renee began healing by spending time with Phoebe, then Hanson. Why was that strategy better than starting with Booney? How can you apply that wisdom to your world?
- Becky said, “Horses are very sensitive and selective about who they make friends with.” Is the same true of you? What do you look for in a friend? See what the Bible says about choosing friends.
- Why did Booney and Aldo both have a hard time trusting people? What should someone do if they suspect that another person—or animal—is being abused?
- Are there times when you don’t feel very lovable? Why? Rest assured that God’s love isn’t based on our being good enough (Romans 5:8). When we understand how much He loves us, we can show that same love to others (John 3:16, 1 John 4:19). How can you do that where the Lord has placed you?
- While we shouldn't judge others by how they look, a person’s choices about their appearance, like Aldo’s scary chains, can send a message. What external cues make a person seem more or less friendly to you?
- Is there a pet that loves you and enjoys your company? (Remember, animals can’t lie!) What do you like most about being together?
|Renee Carter||Amy Pemberton|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Rebecca Clemmens||Lynne Marta|
- This episode's ministry is Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».