Lifted Out of Context
Jump to navigation Jump to search
“Lifted Out of Context,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #873 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Sam Suksiri, and was originally released on December 1, 2019.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Would you rather skateboard in the park like Beezee, or go skiing in the mountains like Buddy and his trail mates?
- Have you ever wished you could soar through the air like an eagle? What would be the most fun part about it? For a more complete picture of the Bible verse Buddy misinterpreted, read Isaiah 40:25-31.
- In your own words, what does it mean to study Scripture "in context"? Why is that so important?
- This isn't the first time Buddy has struggled with fear (see Adventure 40). So what causes you to feel afraid? [Parents: Before exploring ways to overcome that fear, be sure to validate the feelings behind it.]
- When have you, like Beezee, courageously tried something new or pushed yourself to another level? Have you ever encountered a time when it was wiser to respect your limits and not do that?
- What's the difference between perseverance (James 1:12, Galatians 6:9) and stubbornness (Proverbs 19:20, 29:1)? How did Beezee show signs of both?
- How do you think Horus Nernst felt when Beezee ignored his safety warnings? When have you treated your parents the same way, acting like they were out to spoil your fun rather than keep you safe?
- Which character in this Adventure needs to hear what Proverbs 14:29 has to say about anger? Explain why you feel that way.
- Beezee's hero is skateboarding legend Tony Falcon. Who is yours, and what makes that person special?
- Whit praises Buddy for going deeper and asking difficult questions. Are there any challenging questions about God or the Bible that you've been wondering about, but weren't sure how to ask?
Heard in episode
Relative Importance / Chronological
|Leonard Norman||Stuart Allan|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Horus Nernst||Adam McArthur|
|Derek Norman||Scott Whyte|
|Katrina Meltsner||Audrey Wasilewski|
|Firefighter Rudy||Rudy Haerr|
- Beezee's hero, Tony Falcon is a reference to skateboarder Tony Hawk.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».