For Better or For Worse, Part 2
Connie's getting desperate about this wedding. The bride and groom are still missing. The swan is eating the cake; the reception hall smells of smoke from an accidental fire, and Agnes Riley (Tom's wife) is suddenly missing! What could go wrong next?! Agnes is finally found wearing the wedding dress that Millie wanted Katrina to wear. When Millie finds her, Agnes is having a mental lapse and mistakes Millie for her own mother. Through their conversation, Millie is able to see the fault in her persistence to be in control. She goes to Connie with an idea on changing the wedding one last time...
Meanwhile, Eugene is attempting to construct his own car jack, scale trees, and climb mountains in order to "rescue" Katrina. He finally realizes they are at the bottom of Forest Mountain. All he has to do is go to the transmitter station on the top to find the Kids' Radio tower! He can send a Morse code through his cell phone in order to get help! Whit gets the signal and picks up the couple.
However, when they finally arrive back at the church, they find another couple in their place! It is none other than Tom and Agnes... Agnes needed a wedding day to remember.
Soon thereafter, Eugene and Katrina get ready and are able to take their turn. Eugene reads heartfelt wedding vows, Wooton plays the organ, and Tom and Bernard hire a marching band for the reception. All in all, everyone agrees it couldn't have been any more...perfect!
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
- If you listen carefully to the scene where Eugene and Katrina realize someone else is getting married instead of them, you can hear Wooton playing "Camp Town Races" on the organ—continuing a joke that was in #515: “BTV: Behind the Scenes” and #559: “The Coolest Dog”.
- The song Eugene tries to sing to Katrina is probably I Just Met a Girl Named Katrina.
- Agnes, operating in a state of confusion and believing that she is in the past and that the impending wedding is hers and Tom's, has repeated conversations with Millie (whom she is mistaking for her mother) about the wedding, including one in which she says "you only get one wedding day". However, Agnes's marriage to Tom was her second marriage; her first husband passed away. This could be explained if she meant one wedding per husband, however it is unlikely.
Bernard Walton: It's just a small fire! Nice to roast marshmallows by, really...
Katrina Meltsner: Eugene, that next branch doesn't look very strong.
Eugene Meltsner: I could never break this branch. You heard what the doctor said about my weight; I practically disappear when I turn sideways!
Katrina Meltsner: Yes, but be careful!
Bernard Walton: Whose idea was it to do a soundcheck in the middle of an electrical storm, anyway?
Bart Rathbone: Does it really matter who came up with the idea? Just to know that he's gonna be okay is enough for me!
Connie Kendall: Whose crazy idea was it to have a wedding for them anyway?! They're already married, for crying out loud!
Bernard Walton: I won't say, but her name starts with a C and sounds a little like Klonnie.
Katrina Meltsner: There's another bride and groom!
Eugene Meltsner: Do you think they had stand-ins for us? Your mother and Miss Kendall think of everything, you know.
Katrina Meltsner: She's wearing my mother's dress—the one she wanted me to wear! Eugene... we missed our own wedding!