The Bad Guy
Nick’s old friend Vince shows up in Odyssey and Nick expects him to act like he did back in New York- big and bad! Nick is even trying to give lessons to Whit and Connie on how to act in his presence. Vince surprises Nick, however, by telling him he is a Christian and acting nicely to everyone. Nick wants to prove that Vince has not changed and tries to get Vince to sin. He plants cigarettes in Vince’s car, tries to get him to start a fire, go partying, and even get into a fight. All his efforts fail, but then a camera ends up missing at Whit’s End. Nick is overjoyed! Vince fell on his own, he says. Vince, however, comes back and returns the camera, saying how sorry he is for stealing it. Whit reprimands Nick for trying to tempt Vince and then tells him to go after Vince. Nick apologizes to Vince and it’s clear he’s learned a bit more about what it means to be a Christian.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- How did Nick pre-judge his friend Vince?
- Should he have given Vince the benefit of the doubt?
- Was it right for Nick to tempt Vince.
- Have you ever assumed something bad about another person like Nick did?
- How did they respond?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Nick Mulligan||Chris Castile|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
- This episode originally aired with the split 444a: Career Moves, but when that episode was pulled from distribution, it was repaired with the unnumbered episode Bethany's Flood for the album version and all subsequent airings.