Thank you for taking your time to read this! Although, you may close out the page now and not read it just to spite me. I hope you don’t, because I have an exciting announcement! Are you ready? It’s– oh, yeah, you already know. Okay, I’ll get serious now and explain.
On January 4th of this year (the same day the Odyssey Adventure Club changed its name), I posted on my To-Do page “An AIOWiki podcast....” A while before then, I had been thinking about making a podcast. Seeing that AIOWiki is one of the most popular AIO fansites, I believed that it needed one. I discovered that the current dedicated fansites (the Odyssey Scoop; the Adventures in Odyssey Blog) do not have podcasts. (The ones they had simply died away.) However, I don’t have interviewing or reviewing skills (like those at the ScoopCast did), so my podcast had to be something different. My answer was to make a podcast that is always up-to-date, revealing ALL of the newest info about AIO. That’s what it became.
To even see if a podcast was something the fans would enjoy, I made a poll with the question, “Scientific Guy is thinking about making an AIOWiki podcast. On a scale of 1 – 10, what do you think?” The second-highest vote was “11.” As a joke, I put “What?!?” below “1” at the bottom, but “What?!?” got 44% percent of the votes. I’m still not exactly sure what that meant, but I went ahead anyway.
I’ve always had a problem in calling the wiki project pages “Adventures in Odyssey Wiki:Pagename.” Why couldn’t we just call them “AIOWiki:Pagename”? After all, our proper name is the abbreviated form. I will use that form for the name of the podcast. However, confusion arises as to whether it's AIOWiki or AIO Wiki, with a space. I'm just used to always calling it AIOWiki, but I'll just talk to Reddo about it later. It shouldn't be too hard to fix either way.
During brainstorming, I realized that I needed a co-host to make the podcast more interesting. I invited Arista Riley-Maxwell to be my co-host, and she accepted. As of April 18, 2017, I have recorded half of the script for the podcast, and Arista has recorded two-thirds.
I’ve already written the script, but I’m not planning on releasing it publicly just yet. I will tell the approximate layout of it.
- Section 1 has Arista and I introducing ourselves and discussing the content of the podcast.
- Section 2 is a discussion/revelation of Album 63.
- Section 3 includes plot summaries of all of the 2017 Season episodes in the AIOC (Adventures in Odyssey Club).
- Section 4 describes the current details of the upcoming Get in the Show! contest.
- Section 5 outlines the details of the Focus on the Family November Cruise, as well as the cast list for the #???: “The Hand of Hope”.
- Section 6 is the wraps.
The approximate length of the podcast is 7 minutes.
The AIOWiki Podcast will be uploaded to the wiki in an MP3 file, and will be released in a news item. Another news item will precede the release (I’m shooting for May) by a week.
At this time, I will not be using RSS/FeedBurner. Why not?
- Reddo is the only one who knows how to and can set up an other, separate feed.
- …I guess that’s the only viable reason.
Since Reddo’s in Brasil, unresponsive, I won’t be able to ask him about the feed anytime soon. Don’t worry; an RSS feed will come sometime.
I have created a (temporary) RSS feed for those who wish to use it:
The AIOWiki Podcast’s intro contains some clips from outtakes of the Official Podcast that I got from Nathan Hoobler in 2015. I’ve asked him if I can use them, and he’s thinkin’ about it. I got Mr. Hoobler’s permission before Podcast #0 was uploaded. I also need to get a developer’s permission (either Reddo or Shadowpaw) to release the podcast. Since I can’t reach Reddo, I’ve asked Nathan for Shadowpaw’s contact info. Once I get the permissions, the week-before news item will be announced.
I hope I’ve informed you well enough, and that you’ll support the podcast on its release. In the meantime, stay on your toes!
|“||This is pretty cool you guys! You both have enjoyable, fun, and easy to listen to voices! Your music and sound effects were on point. I felt like I was listening to a news station. Just, about Odyssey. :)||”|
|“||This podcast is awesome! You guys are amazing! Your podcast has good humor, relevant news, and awesome sound design. Keep up the amazing work.||”|
|“||Very nice you two! Good work syncing your voices at the end for "The AIOwiki Podcast."||”|
|“||You guys do a great job and make the AIOWiki such fun to listen to! Keep up the awesome work!!||”|
— NJ, Podcast #8
- Get in the Show! 2017 scripts (Podcast #1)
- #826 – #827: “Find a Penny” plot summary and review (Podcast #3)
- #828: “Friend or Foe” and #831: “Crash Course” plot summaries and reviews (Podcast #4)
- #830: “B-TV: Revenge” and #829: “Have a Heart” reviews (Podcast #5)
- Interview with Nathan Hoobler and Sam Suksiri (Podcasts #6 & #7)
- Untitled 2017 Live Show plot summary (Podcast #8)
- Review of Album #64: Under the Surface (Podcast #9 [planned])
- Guest hosts (Podcast #?? [planned])
- Outtake reel (Podcast #?? [planned])
- Another interview (Podcast #?? [planned])
@ 12:30, 24 September 2017 (MDT): I've got a different idea for this one, let's see if it works.
@ 18:05, 21 October 2017 (MDT): Ditto as Podcast #6!
@ 14:36, 27 August 2017 (MDT): Also fully planned!
@ 18:38, 3 December 2017 (MST): Man, I'm so late! Fully recorded, and starting editing. Not an outtake reel.
@ 15:05, 23 December 2017 (MST): WOO HOO! DONE!!
@ 18:48, 29 December 2017 (MST): Recorded main section, editing...
@ 19:36, 7 January 2018 (MST): Finished editing!
@ 18:57, 14 January 2018 (MST): Wrote wraparound script...
@ 12:55, 8 March 2018 (MST): Wrote wraparound.
@ 15:47, 11 March 2018 (MDT): Done!