Thank you for taking your time to read this! Although, you may close out the page now and not read it just to spite me. I hope you don’t, because I have an exciting announcement! Are you ready? It’s– oh, yeah, you already know. Okay, I’ll get serious now and explain.
|AIOWiki Podcast #0 (8:15)|
On January 4th of this year (the same day the Odyssey Adventure Club changed its name), I posted on my To-Do page “An AIOWiki podcast....” A while before then, I had been thinking about making a podcast. Seeing that AIOWiki is one of the most popular AIO fansites, I believed that it needed one. I discovered that the current dedicated fansites (the Odyssey Scoop; the Adventures in Odyssey Blog) do not have podcasts. (The ones they had simply died away.) However, I don’t have interviewing or reviewing skills (like those at the ScoopCast did), so my podcast had to be something different. My answer was to make a podcast that is always up-to-date, revealing ALL of the newest info about AIO. That’s what it became.
To even see if a podcast was something the fans would enjoy, I made a poll with the question, “Scientific Guy is thinking about making an AIOWiki podcast. On a scale of 1 – 10, what do you think?” The second-highest vote was “11.” As a joke, I put “What?!?” below “1” at the bottom, but “What?!?” got 44% percent of the votes. I’m still not exactly sure what that meant, but I went ahead anyway.
I’ve always had a problem in calling the wiki project pages “Adventures in Odyssey Wiki:Pagename.” Why couldn’t we just call them “AIOWiki:Pagename”? After all, our proper name is the abbreviated form. I will use that form for the name of the podcast. However, confusion arises as to whether it's AIOWiki or AIO Wiki, with a space. I'm just used to always calling it AIOWiki, but I'll just talk to Reddo about it later. It shouldn't be too hard to fix either way.
During brainstorming, I realized that I needed a co-host to make the podcast more interesting. I invited Arista Riley-Maxwell to be my co-host, and she accepted. As of April 18, 2017, I have recorded half of the script for the podcast, and Arista has recorded two-thirds.
I’ve already written the script, but I’m not planning on releasing it publicly just yet. I will tell the approximate layout of it.
- Section 1 has Arista and I introducing ourselves and discussing the content of the podcast.
- Section 2 is a discussion/revelation of Album 63.
- Section 3 includes plot summaries of all of the 2017 Season episodes in the AIOC (Adventures in Odyssey Club).
- Section 4 describes the current details of the upcoming Get in the Show! contest.
- Section 5 outlines the details of the Focus on the Family November Cruise, as well as the cast list for the #???: “The Hand of Hope”.
- Section 6 is the wraps.
The approximate length of the podcast is 7 minutes.
The AIOWiki Podcast will be uploaded to the wiki in an MP3 file, and will be released in a news item. Another news item will precede the release (I’m shooting for May) by a week.
At this time, I will not be using RSS/FeedBurner. Why not?
- Reddo is the only one who knows how to and can set up an other, separate feed.
- …I guess that’s the only viable reason.
Since Reddo’s in Brasil, unresponsive, I won’t be able to ask him about the feed anytime soon. Don’t worry; an RSS feed will come sometime.
I have created a (temporary) RSS feed for those who wish to use it:
The AIOWiki Podcast’s intro contains some clips from outtakes of the Official Podcast that I got from Nathan Hoobler in 2015. I’ve asked him if I can use them, and he’s thinkin’ about it. I got Mr. Hoobler’s permission before Podcast #0 was uploaded. I also need to get a developer’s permission (either Reddo or Shadowpaw) to release the podcast. Since I can’t reach Reddo, I’ve asked Nathan for Shadowpaw’s contact info. Once I get the permissions, the week-before news item will be announced.
I hope I’ve informed you well enough, and that you’ll support the podcast on its release. In the meantime, stay on your toes!
|“||This is pretty cool you guys! You both have enjoyable, fun, and easy to listen to voices! Your music and sound effects were on point. I felt like I was listening to a news station. Just, about Odyssey. :)||”|
|“||This podcast is awesome! You guys are amazing! Your podcast has good humor, relevant news, and awesome sound design. Keep up the amazing work.||”|
|“||Very nice you two! Good work syncing your voices at the end for "The AIOwiki Podcast."||”|
|“||You guys do a great job and make the AIOWiki such fun to listen to! Keep up the awesome work!!||”|
— NJ, Podcast #8
- Get in the Show! 2017 scripts (Podcast #1)
- #826 – #827: “Find a Penny” plot summary and review (Podcast #3)
- #828: “Friend or Foe” and #831: “Crash Course” plot summaries and reviews (Podcast #4)
- #830: “B-TV: Revenge” and #829: “Have a Heart” reviews (Podcast #5)
- Interview with Nathan Hoobler and Sam Suksiri (Podcasts #6 & #7)
- Untitled 2017 Live Show plot summary (Podcast #8)
- Review of Album #64: Under the Surface (Podcast #9 [planned])
- Guest hosts (Podcast #?? [planned])
- Outtake reel (Podcast #?? [planned])
- Another interview (Podcast #?? [planned])
@ 12:30, 24 September 2017 (MDT): I've got a different idea for this one, let's see if it works.
@ 18:05, 21 October 2017 (MDT): Ditto as Podcast #6!
@ 14:36, 27 August 2017 (MDT): Also fully planned!
@ 18:38, 3 December 2017 (MST): Man, I'm so late! Fully recorded, and starting editing. Not an outtake reel.
@ 15:05, 23 December 2017 (MST): WOO HOO! DONE!!
@ 18:48, 29 December 2017 (MST): Recorded main section, editing...
@ 19:36, 7 January 2018 (MST): Finished editing!
@ 18:57, 14 January 2018 (MST): Wrote wraparound script...